Videogames with steep learning curves
Nov 2, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #31 of 38
ikaruga(shooter)
devil may cry(3rd person action/fantasy)
viewtiful joe(2d side scrolling beat-um-up)(by the makes of DMC)
just to name a few modern ones

the list goes on and on and on.

i suggest no one play any of these three games unless you love to play over, and over, and over, and over again because they are that difficult.

the beauty of the last two games is that when you think have have beat it on normal and that is it, 3 more difficulties unlock.

oh the pain/joy/pain

Nov 2, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #32 of 38
Learning curves are a blessing, especially when they scare away the smacktards that run rampant in pick up & play type games. It's so nice to be able to get into the thick of it with people who are civilized and actually know what they're doing.

Nov 2, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by hop ham
some of my friends in college can have counterstrike to blame for more than half their grades. its fun tho.

aaahhhhh CS
very_evil_smiley.gif
the perfect game for stress relief!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #34 of 38
i really suck at RTS, i have to say homeworld 2 was hard as hell. the more ship you built the more they come. i couldnt even beat warcraft 3 without using a trainer.

personaly i dislike CS very much. i really hate online game because it just produce more stress. even though i'm not so bad at it. you just jump around shoot at everything and get kill, and the stupid red team on UT2003 wins and they're like "its team work". i like the sniper only mode for this game though, i'm especially good at stealing flags. recently i get to beta test Ut2004, they seem to improve and change it quite a bit, which is nice. sort of like team fortress, where you have different classes, your own base, vehicles and stuff like that. oh and i also played half life 2 beta, the graphic is really good. but it seem the game is not half finish, so i dont expect it to come out until spring next year.

many people who play online are stupid and dumb nerds, such as my bro. he woke up at 6am and got on the computer and play his mmorpg, and then go to college at about 8am or 11am depend no the day. and he coem home at 3pm, 2 minutes after getting inside he's on teh same danm game. and play until 11pm and go to sleep and repeat the process. if its the weaken he go to 2am and then wake up at 6am and do it again. the worse part is its my own computer, so i have to use this crappy 200mhz computer instead.
it get worse, some retards from singapore play the same mmorpg as my bro. and my bro post on the forum to sell his "weapons" and armors". the guy went on to buy it off with real money for like $100USD. he told me that i was really sad, i wanted to kick him of my comp. god damn f#$%^# retards, i rather use that money for charity, or give it to my friend so he can buy pots.

i enjoy playing games because it reduce stress and it bring you out of this world, into something else interesting. playing a good game is like watchnig a good movie, when the storyline is good, but you also get to be part of it. i get good with fps, advantures and racing. i enjoy rpgs too but not many good one these day.
some of the best ones i played are: grim fandango, the longest journey, and deus ex, max payne (max payne 2 sucks), ff6 and ff7, colin mcrae 3 rally. i dont play anymore these day, i'm seem to be more occupy with writing poems, and headphones and getting ready for college. i'm going to be living by myself too, which cool, but i definitely need a room mate.

i'm wonder if the movie half life and deus ex will be good. i'm really looking forward to them. i heard the guy who direct spider man will direct deus ex, that doesnt seem to be good new in my perspective. my final wish it that some day they'll make a good le mans 24 hours game, because of the previous ones were bad.

Nov 3, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #36 of 38
the game left no impression.
okay they didnt do anything new and screw up all the old elements. max payne look like some crappy guy from NYPD blue. and he's not fearless and cool like what he's use to be. he weaks now, and at one part, he have hope and said for once he didnt wish he was dead. the story is a crime drama, which is such a cliche. for example, how he saw mona naked at the shower. mona on the other hand iss a person, which iss different from how she was in the first game. they made the russian mob the bad guy, which suck, because he was cool and a good companion from the first game. but even if i play this game for the first time i would still feel something missing. there wasnt anything explosive with the stages either, most were revisit. i hate mona's hide out. the sex theme of the game is overdone and make it unrealistic, if i want that stuff i would have bought the queer dead and alive game with the stupid japanese girls on the beach playing volleyballs and jerk off to it. i literally zoom across the game, got to the end like after 2 days. the shooting weren't any satisfying as the first either.
its just my opinion. there were some good factors, like the new guns, and the graphic was pretty good, like an upgrade to the first. there were a couple of humours that was nice.

well i hope deus ex 2 wont be bad.

Nov 3, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #37 of 38
Yeah, those old Jane's combat simulators can be so complex that they come with a big spiral manual. Damned fun for me though, and the realism can make it so difficult that it feels as if after a long session of gameplay you can go out and jump in a Longbow and blast away a small army.

Nov 3, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx

some of the best ones i played are: grim fandango, the longest journey,

Ah, good adventure games are still my favorite genre. Too bad it's a dying one
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back