Video-Game Console-fi
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #46 of 122
Apr 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #47 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually FF13 is on Xbox, but FF14 will not be. Either way i'd get a PS3 over an xbox any day.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ff13 is also on ps3.

FF13 was designed for the PS3. It was merely adapted to work on the 360.

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #48 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FF13 was designed for the PS3. It was merely adapted to work on the 360.

I know the franchise was a ps game originally. Don't need to state the obvious unless you're talkin' to him.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #49 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by joomongj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Own none but I seriously am contemplating to get ps3 so I can get my hands on uncharted 2, killzone 2, metal gear solid 4, ssf4, ff13 or 14 I don't know since I never played ff franchise, and a few other console-exclusive titles.

Uncharted 2 and MSG4 are worth it. Killzone 2 was a dissapointment for me. I found the controls quite bad.

Along those lines, the controller of the Xbox 360 absolutely pwns the Dual Shock. The gaming experience of the 360 is almost better just because of the controller. I am very glad that I own both systems.

May 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #50 of 122
I currently own the following devices:

consoles:
- Wii - Wiikey'd
- Xbox360 - JTAG'd
- PS2 - FMCB'd

Handhelds:
- Nintendo DS Lite - Acekard 2.1, M3i Zero, EZV 3-in-1 and some other flashcards
- PSP2000 - GEN-D3
- Dingoo A320 - Dingux
- GPH Wiz

I like to have full control over my hardware, which is why all of my players are hacked one way or other. The Wiz is open by default, no need to mod it. Next on my (wish) list: Open Pandora.
5.50 GEN-D3

May 4, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #51 of 122
have these

sega master system 1
sega megadrive 1 jap model
sega megadrive 1 euro model
sega megadrive 2 (2x)
sega megacd
sega 32x (2x)
sega saturn (2x)
dreamcast pal (2x)
dreamcast jap
nintendo snes
nintendo gameboy color
nintendo gamecube black
nintendo gamecube purple (qoob)
nintendo wii
nintendo ds (first model)
ps2 fat
ps3 60gb fat jap
psp fat white jap
xbox
xbox 360

not a big gamer i just love to collect consoles -_-

May 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #54 of 122
In time order.

NES
Genesis
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro
DS
DS Lite

Mostly a PC Gamer now though.

May 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #57 of 122
I had Atari 2600 when I was a kid. Ah such fond memories!

Got a Commodore 64 when I was around 8-9 and enjoyed all the turbo cassettes and "load", and "run" commandos to get the games started.

About 3 years later I got an Amiga 500. While I had that one I got back into the console world with a Sega Genesis. It was not as fun as the Amiga, though, so I gave it to my nieces. I still have the Amiga in working condition and I take it out of storage sometimes and play old classics. The Amiga might not be a console, but as a computer it was mostly focused on gaming.

After I gave away the Genesis. I have stayed away from the console world until last year when I got a used Sega Dreamcast off Ebay on a whim and it has been great fun. The Dreamcast was a great console and almost 10 years after it was canceled, its games are still fun and engaging to play. Especially multiplayer "the old way" (i.e. all the players are physically in the same room).
I burned a CD with a NES emulator for my wife to relive old games from her childhood when she played on her brothers Famicom. For me it's Dreamcast FTW!

May 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #58 of 122
Here are the "classic" consoles that I currently have hooked up. I'm sure I can count on you guys to recognize what they are, right?

There's a PS2 over to the left as well. The SNES controller is not hooked to the SNES, but actually to my PC, which is hooked to the same TV. That's what I use for a large portion of my gaming these days. :D

May 28, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #60 of 122
Yup! Just bought a house with a room upstairs just for that,pretty much! I have a Sansui 27" stereo CRT to play all my classic games on. Got it hooked to a circa-1995 Aiwa stereo and some 80's Radioshack Realistic speakers for the full effect.

My dream project is to build a MAME cabinet up there. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back