Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount!
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #331 of 344

That's great and all and I'm happy that you're updating your lineup, but is it necessary to bring this into a Vibro Labs thread...?

I didn't mention that the K10 has been updated....   I said it was retired.

Avoiding the real question here.

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #332 of 344
Hey John, let me first apologize to you directly for the highly unprofessional Savant video I made when I was working with the DIY community. That apology is long overdue.

Next, let me thank you for sharing your successes with the K10. I'm very flattered that Maya is being compared favorably to such a prestigious IEM, especially at its pricepoint.

Your posts have brought up a question. @jude what is Head-fi's policy on competitors posting in each others thread? I'm new here and I can't remember if we discussed this when I first became a sponsor.

Cheers

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #334 of 344
  Hey John, let me first apologize to you directly for the highly unprofessional Savant video I made when I was working with the DIY community. That apology is long overdue.

Next, let me thank you for sharing your successes with the K10. I'm very flattered that Maya is being compared favorably to such a prestigious IEM, especially at its pricepoint.

Your posts have brought up a question. @jude what is Head-fi's policy on competitors posting in each others thread? I'm new here and I can't remember if we discussed this when I first became a sponsor.

Cheers

Hi there Luke,

It is good to see lower driver count products being compared to higher driver count products, statements of "equal to or better than" brightens my day. 

The success of the K10 is done, buried, stick a fork in it, it has been retired.

Regarding rules of posting, if Noble is mentioned, a product of Noble etc, I can then post.  (but the posts have to be within good tastes, can't really be "plugs" etc etc)   For example, if a person says on a thread....   the Noble K10 has 20 drivers....   then I can go in, and make the proper correction, and move along.

I certainly can't say anything negative about a company, manufacturer, persons related to the company etc etc.

Those were the rules as they were explained to me, years ago.  If there have been further developments sense that time, I am unaware of them.  But if they are still within the guidelines, and if you see any grey areas in a Noble thread that needs clarification etc etc, feel free to come by and say "Hi." (and make the clarifications)

If it be the case, that I have infringed head-fi rules, I do apologize. 

Cheers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #335 of 344
To be fully fair, I didn't say I was retiring MY K10. That is far from the truth - I still take it with me everywhere and use it quite a bit. What I said is that I find myself reaching for my MAYA *more* when I am looking for a reference-level sound. The K10 is warm, and that was my personal reference for many years. I have shifted my views on what reference means TO ME. That doesn't mean that I don't still love both of the products. :) They happily coexist and complement each other.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #336 of 344
To be fully fair, I didn't say I was retiring MY K10. That is far from the truth - I still take it with me everywhere and use it quite a bit. What I said is that I find myself reaching for my MAYA *more* when I am looking for a reference-level sound. The K10 is warm, and that was my personal reference for many years. I have shifted my views on what reference means TO ME. That doesn't mean that I don't still love both of the products. :) They happily coexist and complement each other.

Sounds to me like i read between lines that didnt exist. No worries, preferences change over time, and as i said before, variety is the spice of life.

Clarifications made, now ill move along,

Cheers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #337 of 344
I don't understand why trolls... i mean, companies are allowed to troll other manufacturers threads this. He has a history of this, while others do not.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #338 of 344

That is OK, Noble retired the K10 as well, despite its pedigree:

1. Hi-Fi World Magazine - Headphone of the Year
  2. Hi-Fi+ Magazine - CIEM of the Year
  3. Enjoy the Music - 2015 Blue Note Award
  4. AVForums - Best Buy Headphones and Earphones
  5. Part Time Audiophile - Editor’s Choice
  6. Headfonics – CIEM of 2015 (Writer’s Choice)
  7. Headphone.guru - 2015 Writer’s Choice Award
  8. InnerFidelity - Wall of Fame
  9. Head-Fi.org - #1 Rated In-Ear Product
  10. Head-Fi.org – #1 Rated Custom In-Ear Product

1. Headfonics - IEM of 2015 (Writer’s Choice)
  2. Audio-Head – Favorite Bits of 2015

Really? I've always viewed Noble and its representatives as a giant amongst the many audio companies. But this post, within the context of the current discussion and purpose of an audio forum, leaves me very much confused as to its purpose and motive since I am unable to grasp its relevance to advancing the current discussion. After all, this is a discussion on sonic performance, not awards, no? :p 

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #339 of 344

Really? I've always viewed Noble and its representatives as a giant amongst the many audio companies. But this post, within the context of the current discussion and purpose of an audio forum, leaves me very much confused as to its purpose and motive since I am unable to grasp its relevance to advancing the current discussion. After all, this is a discussion on sonic performance, not awards, no? :p 

I'm not looking to start a war on here, but do want to demonstrate just how bad it is. Expect a PM from me with screenshots of his trolling and our PMs about the trolling. His responses are that of an orange politician.

The thing to keep in mind, though, is that he is only hurting himself. People on this thread know, there is an active thread on Reddit right now specifically about him, started by someone else, and is willing to engage in battles with potential customers on Head-Fi.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #340 of 344
I must say that I find it the statements that you think, FullCircle, or Noble by extension, was trolling other companies a rather surprising position to take. After all, trolling constitutes one of the lowest forms of interactions, and I am sure that Noble would never stoop to this level, as such crass acts are most certainly below what we would expect from a company of such repute. I still find myself puzzled with the point intended behind posting a list of accolades the k10 has won, in response to post discussing the merits of this IEM, as a means of forwarding the discussion. I am sure that FullCircle must have indeed have had something valuable to contribute in that short conversation, but as English is my country's lingua franca and hence not my native language, I was unable to grasp the nuances or 'read-between-his-lines' due to my linguistic shortfall

I really hope that @FullCircle  could of course, in line with the spirit of the superb company-to-person communications that Noble is so well known for, take some time off to explain what he was trying to say in clearer terms. I do understand that a person of his standings must have many other events on his agenda that ranks higher than replying to a random person who just happens to love music as much as the next guy, but we have been spoiled by his constant presence on the headfi in the noble thread, and thus a small clarification of what he was trying to contribute to said discussion back then would really, really help.  

We are all, makers of CIEMS or consumers aside, people who share a love the this same hobby, and discuss ways for bring this industry and its companies forward. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #341 of 344
Jan 13, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #343 of 344
  Great review!  Glad to see the ARIA getting some love. Now you gotta get the MAYA, haha!

Lol, someday! Saving my pennies for the Aria right now. And thank you for the kind comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back