Very unsatisfied with ATH M50, looking for advice/help.
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #16 of 18
  I decided I'm returning my M50s because even after a little bit of stretching the clamp is just unbearable, the mids aren't even that bad on the M50s although they are very obviously recessed. I was actually looking to buy the 7506 set before I ended up buying M50s, but I don't know why but they are nigh impossible to find (canada.) I will absolutely consider downgrading if I can find them for a good price. Only reason I went up to 150+ is because usually below 150 everything is ****.

I'll recommend the V-moda M80 for that genres, but if comfort is a problem i don't think that these meet the requeriments. I have a HD558 (open backed) with a FiiO E11 and for me sounds good with trance despite its rolled-off bass (however the trance don't go THAT low in the bass region). Oh.. and it's a very comfortable pair of headphones.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 18
  I'll recommend the V-moda M80 for that genres, but if comfort is a problem i don't think that these meet the requeriments. I have a HD558 (open backed) with a FiiO E11 and for me sounds good with trance despite its rolled-off bass (however the trance don't go THAT low in the bass region). Oh.. and it's a very comfortable pair of headphones.

I'm not at all concerned with emphasis on bass. As long as it performs well I'm fine with it, because I listen to so many different genres. I'm looking at a pair of 558's once I get my money back for the M50s but I'm not sure. I'm looking for neutral, probably closed back because I'm in public a lot, no amp, and very comfortable. I will almost certainly have to take a hit on at least one of those categories naturally but that's what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back