Very nice meeting with Beyerdynamic rep
Sep 14, 2006 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Torm

Head-Fier
I happened to meet one of Beyerdynamics representatives here in Oslo by chance the other day. We had a nice chat (very nice guy!) and i told him how much i liked my DT880s. We talked about this and that regarding headfi and i mentioned i wanted to try out the DT990s but couldnt really justify such a purchase when i got the DT880s already. He said i should mail him and he would get me a killer price on a pair of 990s. I promptly emailed him when i got back to my desk at work.

Then i got sick with the flu and i couldnt access my work email for a few days - so today i emailed him (from home) and appologized if i hadnt replied to any emails since i was home and sick.
He replied that the flu is best cured with a pair of DT990s and that there is a package waiting at my desk!

Man thats service! I'm happy as a lark and cant wait to get back to work tomorrow!!

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 20
And Chicken soup....LOL

Could you follow up with a short review of both your Beyers coupled to the HeadFive as a courtesy, please?....

Enjoy-

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 20
Best DT990 deal ever!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy 'em!

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
And Chicken soup....LOL

Could you follow up with a short review of both your Beyers coupled to the HeadFive as a curtiousy, please?....

Enjoy-

Will do! I will first let them burn in over the weekend, at least.

Cant say this happens to me a lot either - was just very very lucky and at the right time and place.

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 20
Congratulations on those DT990's. I think Beyerdynamics got what they wanted out of that, good publicity. What is the cost of one set of DT990s when you have a member of a pretty large community like Head-Fi telling everyone how great they have been treated by your company. I was looking at a set of Manufacture DT990s and this story just put me over the top.

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 20
I always appreciate that sort of thing, even if it never does happen to me
rolleyes.gif
. It's good for them because it's great publicity, but it also shows that the people up top in the company aren't completely stuck up jerks, and that they still care about us consumers.

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
Beyerdynamic DT-990s:

$180 from Northern Lights & Sound.
1 Flu from your friendly Beyerdynamic representative.

FYI:
Just placed a call to Northern Lights & Sound and they DO NOT carry Beyerdynamic HP, as they only are an authorised AKG, Senn.s dealer... And, further to quote a price? The sales representitive at NS&L may have misspoken in my conversation with them just now. But that is highly unlikely. NS&L @ tel. 866-796-6232

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #14 of 20
When I spoke to a Beyerdynamic rep. at one of our recent meets, he asked me what kind of music I mostly listen to. When I answered that it's mostly classical symphonic music, he suggested that I sample a DT880. I then compared a DT880 to a DT990, in his presence, and expressed my agreement with him; i.e., that the classical music to which I was listening, sounded better on the DT880, than on the DT990. I subsequently bought a DT880, which I use and enjoy daily.

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 20
I do adore my 880s.

I'm thinking about getting them balanced one day, does anyone know how much that changes them?

I just don't think I want to change headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back