Very High End Headphones
Nov 30, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #196 of 203
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
Well, after this entire thread has run its course up to this point, I think Hirsch explains it VERY well and succinctly. And this puts into reality my thinking.

High End Systems.

Yep they exist. And we can have included in those systems, HD600's, (HD600/Blockhead/Max/Maestrobator) R10's with the various uber amps, RS-1s, Etys, HD650s, CD3000s, HP-1's, AT1000's, 2002s, 3000s, and heh, let's not forget the grandaddy electrostats.

I like this idea...and perhaps we can offer up a new thread on how to configure a truly high end sound, cost no object and even bargain basment.

Amen.....

BTW hirsch if you are around, I just dropped you, maybe a dump question, a few posts up, and I'm really interested in know you honest opinion, honestly, the R-10 is for now far of my budget.....if just we can configure a system, that sounds similar at least, it will be great for all the CD3000, HD600, DT880, RS-1, Etys, AT, lovers.....

Nov 30, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #197 of 203
I have always seen Head-Fi as a place for people who like to listen to music through headphones and want to improve the system to a level that is satisfying with regard to personal preferences and how much one can or are willing to spend. As Hirsch said we are listening to systems and to try to isolate the headphone is somewhat futile and furthermore the limits between groups as midlevel, highend and very highend are arbitrary.
Appointing the best headphone in the world is just a game. Can maybe be fun when not taken too seriously but can go very destructive when people begin to fight about some truth when there is no single truth.

Nov 30, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #198 of 203
Hirsch is right headphones can only be as good as the system it is in. Their is no 1 best headphone for everyone, system synergy and personal preferances dictate which headphone is the one for you.
Just read the Ny meet threads where most of the top headphones where listened to by members,everyone had their own personal favorite.
And yes you can have a musically
satisfiying combo without spending stupid money.Case in point I have been listening to the Rs1s and singlepower PPx. System synergy between the Rs1s and singlepower amps are amazing, I also had the mpx3 and headphone of choice was also the rs1s,Very musically satisfying .
Since I own or have heard most of the top headphones. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Its which one you prefer,no matter what headphone you own if it connects you to the music then what more can you ask.

Nov 30, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #199 of 203
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamZuf
the very last one was a good one, mark
tongue.gif

who posted that "600 is high-end and 580 is not" anyway?
biggrin.gif

Mark took that completely out of context, it was related to a dictionary definition of "high end" that someone offered (see original post).

Nov 30, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #200 of 203
Nice Bozebuttons!! RS-1's on the prowl!!!

I REALLY need to hear one of these Single Power amps... Living in Canada sure has some drawbacks
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #201 of 203
I don't mean to insult anyone, but at the NY meet, I happened to think that the R-10's sounded better than the Orpheus' using a lot of different sources amps and interconnects. And there is a large amount of difference in money (this is related to page 1 in this thread).
...and aren't the 650's a dynamic headphone or was that someone having a little fun?

....and I think the RS-1's sound great out of the RA-1 which has 1/100th of the circuitry of a singlepower amp.

Dec 1, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #202 of 203
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker

....and I think the RS-1's sound great out of the RA-1 which has 1/100th of the circuitry of a singlepower amp.

MMmm, me too, its my reference for the RS-1's
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #203 of 203
Let me add some more: after listening to HD650s for another hundred hours or so, I'd imagine these to be a top contender now for one of the best headphones at any price point if paired with the right equipment.

Cheers,
Geek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back