Very good popular band with a poor recorded album: RHCP - Californication
Nov 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonanimal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a part of me dies a little every time I see something like that.

A part of the music industry dies with every album that gets released that sounds like that.

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 52
I used to listen to Californication through some cheap car audio speakers and I thought it sounded good. When I listened to 'Scar Tissue' with some much better equipment, I was shocked at how poorly mastered the song was. It was painful to listen to.

Same goes for Death Magnetic but the GH3 version saved the album for me.

Nov 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by THAY BRAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree californication sounds terrible.Stadium Arcadium I put up with coz its such a damn great album still lacking in descent rec and mas

+1 stadium arcadium arcadium is one of my favorite albums ever, so i live with it, but im currently in the process of aquiring a copy of the viynl version which is supposed to be much better. I dont feel bad about my clandestine methods cuase i already paid for it :p

Nov 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by slytown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen to the first few Oasis albums. All awful production.

While their first and third albums are similar to the Slayer waveform (although Definitely Maybe at least doesn't clip), the results for tracks from Morning Glory are... interesting. There's no clipping, but the waveform is very limited:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...l/Oasiswav.jpg

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 52
Nov 29, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #23 of 52
Dec 2, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by wantmyf1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard GH's version of Death Magnetica. Thing is, I don't think I can bring myself to pay for the album twice.

uhm... you can't buy the GH3 versions on CD... you can either extract them from the GH3 files or obtain them through other means

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uhm... you can't buy the GH3 versions on CD... you can either extract them from the GH3 files or obtain them through other means

Yes I know. However when Death Magnetic was first out it was offered as a download for GH. I don't know if it's still available as I hardly ever scout the GH downloads, but it's that version to which I was referring.

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone elaborate on all of these waveform graphs people keep posting?

its a diplay of the volume of the tracks. CD's ahve whats called digital 0db, which is the loudest they go, these waveforms show how close to that they are.and they show how quiet they are as well, showing us the dynamic range.

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

its a diplay of the volume of the tracks. CD's ahve whats called digital 0db, which is the loudest they go, these waveforms show how close to that they are.and they show how quiet they are as well, showing us the dynamic range

Rather the lack of it in regard to this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather the lack of it in regard to this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

tis true, got that vinyl rip of stadium arcadium, and even though its got a slight hiss, its night and day better than my lossless cd rips
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back