very budget can to monitor bass
Jan 13, 2019 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

swagadelic

100+ Head-Fier
I don't really care if they sound like garbage as long as they have a fairly detailed bass.
I need a closed back complement to my k712.
Looking to get them dirt cheap on ebay so just looking for ideas :)

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 17
I don't really care if they sound like garbage as long as they have a fairly detailed bass.
I need a closed back complement to my k712.
Looking to get them dirt cheap on eBay so just looking for ideas :)
How cheap is dirt cheap?
What is the budget?

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 17
nice looks identical to beyers, coincidence ?:)
but very good thanks
The Superlux HD660 have a tight grip on your head and the coiled cable is rather stiff.

Jan 13, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 17
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 17
If a headphone sounds like garbage, I doubt it will have a detailed bass.

Anyway, check out the Takstar HD6000.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 17
If a headphone sounds like garbage, I doubt it will have a detailed bass.

Anyway, check out the Takstar HD6000.

I've heard so many lousy sounding headphones that has excellent use in mastering. Some for checking mids some for treble etc. I know of several terrible sounding cans that are good for checking bass. Thanks for the suggestion

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 17
I've heard so many lousy sounding headphones that has excellent use in mastering. Some for checking mids some for treble etc. I know of several terrible sounding cans that are good for checking bass. Thanks for the suggestion
The Takstar HD6000 are a really good value, compared to anything else under $100, for bassy headphones.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 17
How cheap is dirt cheap?
What is the budget?

max 20 euro/30 dollars

The Superlux HD660 have a tight grip on your head and the coiled cable is rather stiff.
okay, well that might be a problem, comfort is important but not THAT important in this very case, i dont plan to use them for more than 1 hour at a time.

There is a line of clones that might work for you: Akai 50x, Marantz MPH2, Lyxpro HAS30, etc. (I think there are something like 6 versions out there)
They are ostensibly a studio monitor, but they are tilted more towards bass. There is a lot of info about them in the Chi-fi thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones.822184/

nice, ill look into it, thanks alot :)

This is also a good time to go on ebay as everyone is selling stuff cos they're skint after Xmas. You'll get a cheap decent brand pair no bother.

yes that was my idea :))

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #14 of 17
btw the ath m50x is a good example of a terrible sounding can but good for checking bass :wink:
ive also heard a pair of fostex that sounded awful but had a very clear and surprisingly up front presention of bass.

then again these are far away from my price range :p

ps. i realise these are not by definition terrible sounding cans as they have a clear purpose.
so i was a little sarcastic. but i do mean that i want a very cheap pair that dont have to sound nearly as good as neither the fostex or m50x. ds.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back