Verum 1 Mk 2 : mini-review
Mar 20, 2021 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

FullBright1

Headphoneus Supremus
Verum V1 Mk2 mini review. 3-20-2021

Required stuff :

Comfort : very good, medium light headphones.

Pads : Leather, good comfort, not super soft and not too firm.

Frame : I like it. Its robust, and you set it one time, and forget it.

Cable : Its ok, easy to upgrade, which matters.

----------------

This week Ive reviewed 3 very good Headphones.
The Grado Hemp, the Ibasso SR2, and now the V2 Verum

And again, im fortunate to be reviewing another very good sounding set of Headphones.
They are a mostly neutral and quite revealing set of custom built Headphones.
This one is all Planar, and its tuned to sound like exceptional dynamic Drivers.

The Driver's in this gear are sonically superior.
I understand that the builder makes them and then tunes them in the Cups.
The sound is exceedingly realistic and balanced. Supremely balanced, and is quite neutral without being dull or flat or dry.
These are an easy listen.
There is a politeness involved within this Gear's sound that is lovely.
FYI : an amp with a bit of power will allow the Verum's to offer you their best tone.
If you use them with a cell or a Dac/Amp that is not able to drive them sufficiently, then the sound is a bit lean and mid forward.
---------------------

Treble : Its sweet and detailed. Cymbals are clear, Vocals are enlightened, and there is no fatigue generated or SSSSSSSS heard that isn't in the recording.

Midrange : Warm, smooth, detailed, and lovely.

Upper Bass : Natural sounding, not bloomy, and does not offend or override the midrange.

Bass : Very Natural, nicely extended yet not sub-bass enhanced.

Soundstage : Very Good. Its wide enough to allow for good separation, but not so wide that musical intimacy is missing.

Instrument Separation : These exceptional Drivers reveal instruments and instrument separation very well.

Timbre : Like Sonic Honey caressing your ears.

Verdict : A sweet sound all around with plenty of detail retrieval.
This is a set of headphones that play well with all genre`'s of music, but there are better choices available if you need skull rattling bass or if your musical diet is mostly EDM or similar.
-
-
DSC09651.JPG

-
DSC09652.JPG

-
DSC09653.JPG

-
DSC09654.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 85
I've been busy with other headphones lately like the kennerton LSA HP1 and the Kennerton Gjallahorn JM Edition, but after reading your review I gave the Verum a few hours and it really amazes me how good they sound for what they cost. They wipe the floor with headphones that cost 3 and 4 times the price, plus the build quality is just outstanding.

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 85
I've been busy with other headphones lately like the kennerton LSA HP1 and the Kennerton Gjallahorn JM Edition, but after reading your review I gave the Verum a few hours and it really amazes me how good they sound for what they cost. They wipe the floor with headphones that cost 3 and 4 times the price, plus the build quality is just outstanding.
Give the V1M2's a decent amp and they sing a lovely tune for ya.. And the HP1s are very very good, and the HP2's are awesome.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 85
Give the V1M2's a decent amp and they sing a lovely tune for ya.. And the HP1s are very very good, and the HP2's are awesome.
Yeah, V1 is so sweet and balanced even with portable amps like the chord mojo.
The Hp1 are definitelly awesome, perfect balance between technical abilities and musicality.
Hp2s/ Gjallahorn are the best closed back I've ever tried and beat most of the open back I had aswell

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 85
Yeah, V1 is so sweet and balanced even with portable amps like the chord mojo.
The Hp1 are definitelly awesome, perfect balance between technical abilities and musicality.
Hp2s/ Gjallahorn are the best closed back I've ever tried and beat most of the open back I had aswell
The HP2 has the Sub, the Clarity, and the Tonality.
Its a closed headphone that yields a high end sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back