Verum 1 Mk 2 : mini-review
Jun 27, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #76 of 85
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #77 of 85
Got my pair on Friday :) very detailed using my modded Aune Dac and Topping L30Mk2 .. vocals are very present and a little forward ... will give them a few days burn in .. and may try pad rolling a little see what happens ... interestingly I got a bit of hum using my Deckard Amplifier !! overall it reminds me of the LCD3 gen 1 I had ( Now broken :frowning2: ) .. clean.. not a bass head ... good for lots of genre's for the price these are awesome !! light on the head as well !!.. Thank You Verum for getting these to me in very risky times !!

Oct 1, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #78 of 85
I ordered the v1 verum more than 3 months ago still haven't received it and no shipping notice no communication from the vendor nothing. The owner is completely ghosting me. This is ridiculous id love to be able to receive these and share my opinion but I can't.
I might have to dispute the charge if I don't hear back soon I'm actually pretty upset about it.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #79 of 85
I ordered the v1 verum more than 3 months ago still haven't received it and no shipping notice no communication from the vendor nothing. The owner is completely ghosting me. This is ridiculous id love to be able to receive these and share my opinion but I can't.
I might have to dispute the charge if I don't hear back soon I'm actually pretty upset about it.
Hate to hear that, must be really frustrating. You are aware these are assembled by one guy in war torn Ukraine.

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #81 of 85
I'm aware but he could at least give me an update or something...
I wonder if he was impacted by the devastating war, or if he is just trying to mess with you?

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #82 of 85
I received my Verum 1 mk2 a week ago (here in Germany). I ordered them End of May - i.e. about 4 Months ago. The manufacturer is probably bit overwhelmed by the demand and in the middle of a catastrophic war. I suggest not to panic. The headphones are absolutely worth the wait, sound outstandingly good and are a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and design.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #83 of 85
It's been awhile since I listened to these wonderful headphones. Comfortable, with great sounding planar timbre. Better sound staging than most.....I believe to get the best out of them you need an amp with a lot of power (voltage swing??). There are supply issues, and there could be long times between ordering and receiving. I ordered mine from Todd the Vinyl Junkie. I was on the list to be notified when he received a shipment. If I remember correctly it was close to 6 months of waiting (could have been a bit less). I received an email from Todd advising that they had some stock and I had come up the waiting list. I had a certain amount of time to pay for the phones, or they would go to the next person on the list. I'm very happy I own these. I won't be selling them!

Leo

Oct 28, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #85 of 85
Here's my mini review of the verum v1 mk2

Let's start with build quality:
The build quality is very solid. The headphones are put together very well and seem to be very sturdy. Mostly metal parts etc. The swivel pivot and attachment points are really solid.

Comfort: here is where I have a few small complaints however overall comfort is decent. The complaints I have are with the clamping force and the way they sit on the head is a little bit excessive. But it's not horrible.

Let me get to sound this obviously is purely subjective.

Lows :
Bass and sub bass are very well extended and have some good punch and very detailed but here it lacks a little impact in my opinion.

Mids are very good and have very good quality and detail retrieval the image separation is a little muddy on some tracks which could be bad recording so I won't necessarily blame the drivers. But image separation could be a little better.

Highs:
There is a good amount sparkle and detail retrieval here as well without being fatiguing or too bright.

Overall sound impressions:
Very balanced sound timbre wise I'd qualify them as pretty close to neutral with a slight v shape as mids are slightly recessed with a small boost in the highs and low-low mids. Seems very similar to lcd2 but slightly less v shaped.

Are they worth buying and waiting 4-5 months for.

My answer is yes for 350$ these are very much worth the wait...

Attachments

• 16985200575382513235600404794339.jpg
    16985200575382513235600404794339.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back