Verum 1 Mk 2 : mini-review
Feb 13, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #61 of 85
Hi guys, I have some questions regarding third party pads. I recently got a verum and want to try some other pads. I am eyeing the options from defean, dekoni and more. The stock pad measures 105mm but there is some wiggle room, should I get the 110mm pads?. The stock pad has a metal ring for the magnetic mount but there aren't any third party options that have metal rings, are there? How did you guys mount the pads? Maybe adding a small metal piece in the sleeve? My skin don't like leather pads in general so I will get a hybrid just for the comfort. How does lambskin feel though? And how would different pads change the sound? Thank you all!

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #62 of 85
Hi guys, I have some questions regarding third party pads. I recently got a verum and want to try some other pads. I am eyeing the options from defean, dekoni and more. The stock pad measures 105mm but there is some wiggle room, should I get the 110mm pads?. The stock pad has a metal ring for the magnetic mount but there aren't any third party options that have metal rings, are there? How did you guys mount the pads? Maybe adding a small metal piece in the sleeve? My skin don't like leather pads in general so I will get a hybrid just for the comfort. How does lambskin feel though? And how would different pads change the sound? Thank you all!
I use a Defean fenestrated sheepskin meant for AKG K702. Fits perfectly fine with me. The stock pads I got with my unit was too flat that my ears are touching the grille.

Feb 19, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #64 of 85
Got mine pre-owned with perforated leather pads and sound is one of my favorites. I have no distortion. My Milo does produce hum through the Verum do to high gain but other amps are quite.

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #65 of 85
Mine arrived this morning, courtesy of @TwtBeard and Head-Fi classifieds.

My very first pair of planars, and thanks to all who recommended them, especially @FullBright1 for the inciteful review.

I narrowed down the choice to Edition EXs, Verum1 V2s, or Quad ERA-1s. Was wary of HiFiman's build quality, and the Quads were a little outside my budget, so a pair of 3 month old Verums delivered within 24 hours, and for $370/350EUR was a no-brainer.

With my eclectic musical tastes, they absolutely fit the bill..."This is a set of headphones that play well with all genres of music". :thumbsup:

I hope that the honeymoon period is an extended one, as I feel like a newly qualified driver who has just been given the keys to a performance car ! :L3000:

Happy days...

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #67 of 85
I've had my Mk2 for a few weeks now. Really enjoying them. Just started utilizing my Focal Clear OG balanced cable with a Jot 2 SS amp for these cans. Large sound stage, good timbre, very comfortable. Seems to be great with just about all types of genres. Not for bass heads. As mentioned previously, you need an amp with good voltage swings to get the most out of these. Definitely a better choice for a desktop setup than portable use. Anyway, great price/performance ratio!

Leo

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #68 of 85
^^ I'll second this statement. At the time of the ownership I just couldn't wrap my head at numerus posts claiming that they can be powered with almost anything. They can go loud but everything else takes a backseat.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #69 of 85
Question to all.,,,, The pads are not uniform in thickness. Is there a recommendation for where the thick part should be relative your head? I.E. bottom, top, or middle?

Just wondering. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Leo

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #70 of 85
Question to all.,,,, The pads are not uniform in thickness. Is there a recommendation for where the thick part should be relative your head? I.E. bottom, top, or middle?

Thanks

Leo
The thick part goes on the back of the head. Centered in the middle.

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #71 of 85

Thanks

Leo
I had exactly the same conundrum, @Luckyleo. Trial and error, and personal preference, I guess.

I've found the thick section @ 6 o'clock to be the most comfortable. I've got some replacement pads arriving shortly, to see what differences thickness, material, and perforations make.

The thick part goes on the back of the head. Centred in the middle.
Now I'm gonna have to try this alignment, again ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #72 of 85
I had exactly the same conundrum, @Luckyleo. Trial and error, and personal preference, I guess.

I've found the thick section @ 6 o'clock to be the most comfortable. I've got some replacement pads arriving shortly, to see what differences thickness, material, and perforations make.

Now I'm gonna have to try this alignment, again ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Thanks to you both! Will give it try.

Leo

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #73 of 85
Heres a pic for reference. The sewin of the pad must be in line with the bolt like the photo.
IMG_20230324_140943.jpg

Apr 5, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #74 of 85
My 'Oriental Oreos' arrived the other day...

DSCN2856.JPG

Left to right:
Grey Cooling-Gel Earpads for Razer Kraken - need a little fettling to fit oval shape in round cup, nice cool feel
Perforated Ear Pads 105mm - my favourite, dartboard variety, best allrounders
Cow's bum 105mm x 30mm depth - best for bass enhancement, a tad warm after longer sessions

Arrived in around 2 weeks, and all 3 pairs delivered cost £28/$35/EUR32

Jun 26, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #75 of 85
My 'Oriental Oreos' arrived the other day...

Left to right:
Grey Cooling-Gel Earpads for Razer Kraken - need a little fettling to fit oval shape in round cup, nice cool feel
Perforated Ear Pads 105mm - my favourite, dartboard variety, best allrounders
Cow's bum 105mm x 30mm depth - best for bass enhancement, a tad warm after longer sessions

Arrived in around 2 weeks, and all 3 pairs delivered cost £28/$35/EUR32
Do you by chance have the links to these pads you bought? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back