VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
Jun 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #332 of 594
While it is thick no doubt it is considerably thinner than few high quality DAC/amp combo out there.
WIsh I had the cash and wish their O/I was less than 10 ohm.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #333 of 594
Quote:
While it is thick no doubt it is considerably thinner than few high quality DAC/amp combo out there.
WIsh I had the cash and wish their O/I was less than 10 ohm.

Yes, 10Ω is clearly turn off a lot of head-fi customer. I'll do a review of Go-Dap TT when it's properly burn-in. The sound change noticeably after some amount of burn-in. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #335 of 594
I have listened to the 12V LE OPA627SM for a while now, and it sounds quite good with my JDS Labs C5 (edit: and my T5P) but.. some music was great and some music not so good. The problem has been that some music has been fatiguing and not just pure joy.

Today I mounted a pair of MUSES02, so it has now turned into a 12V LE MUSES02. :)
And I must say that this is something else (in my setup at least)! Much more high end, and for the first time I can enjoy all kinds of music on a high level with my T5P headphones and I have done so all day without getting tired. I have not tried with my HD800's yet, but I expect the sound to be spectacular. :)

I have a pair of MUSES01 also, but I feel no need to try them out at this moment.
I am still glad that I choose the 627SM though, so I can mix and match depending of what amp and headphones I want to use.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #336 of 594
Quote:
Thanks! The manual still didn't tell me what's going on though. For some reason my switch which indicates the ipod is connected went from solid red to solid green. Still plays fine.....just curious why the different color all of a sudden....

I've had the opposite happen. I've had my DD for about two months now and up to about a week ago the power indicator switch was solid green (after blinking red a few times after turning it on). Now it's solid red, even when it has a full charge, and I have no idea why. Anyone know why?

On a related note, sometimes it just continues to blink red, never to turn to a solid color. In order to get to work I either have to turn it off and back on again and if that doesn't work I have to use the reset switch. The manual says nothing about this. Any ideas on this as well?
Quote:
I have listened to the 12V LE OPA627SM for a while now, and it sounds quite good with my JDS Labs C5 (edit: and my T5P) but.. some music was great and some music not so good. The problem has been that some music has been fatiguing and not just pure joy.

Today I mounted a pair of MUSES02, so it has now turned into a 12V LE MUSES02. :)
And I must say that this is something else (in my setup at least)! Much more high end, and for the first time I can enjoy all kinds of music on a high level with my T5P headphones and I have done so all day without getting tired. I have not tried with my HD800's yet, but I expect the sound to be spectacular. :)

I have a pair of MUSES01 also, but I feel no need to try them out at this moment.
I am still glad that I choose the 627SM though, so I can mix and match depending of what amp and headphones I want to use.

Where did you get your pair of MUESES02 opamps? Looking to upgrade the from the OP-275 opamps.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #337 of 594
Mine was acting up like that, I reset it few times and than let the battery run out fews time and recharged it and all is working good now. The best way to obtain your opamp is to contact the veturecraft people directly or buy from digikey.
I am hoping to get a pair of opa627au soon and try out with 627x. I find the muses01 paired with 627x to be too bright however i find the pairing with MHd-Q7 just to my liking, only if I could just get the hissing fixed. I have found a solution I just need to get some soldering stuff. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #338 of 594
Hmmm ... sounds like Venturecraft have a quality control issue.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #342 of 594
It's been several weeks since my lost post and my DD is just get worse. If I even bump or move the USB cable going into the USB port on the DD the DD loses connection to my iPod and the switch light just sits there and blinks (the switch light hasn't been green for over a month). I have turn the DD off and back on again for it to recognize my iPod. Sometimes I have use to the reset switch.

Other times my iPod will just stop playing mid song or between songs. The iPod shows the play symbol as if it's still playing but the time display for the song stops. As soon as I unplug the DD the song starts to play again.

I've used four different USB cables and nothing has helped with either issue.

I am going to need to contact Venturecraft. I'll post again once I have a solution from them.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #343 of 594
Quote:
It's been several weeks since my lost post and my DD is just get worse. If I even bump or move the USB cable going into the USB port on the DD the DD loses connection to my iPod and the switch light just sits there and blinks (the switch light hasn't been green for over a month). I have turn the DD off and back on again for it to recognize my iPod. Sometimes I have use to the reset switch.

Other times my iPod will just stop playing mid song or between songs. The iPod shows the play symbol as if it's still playing but the time display for the song stops. As soon as I unplug the DD the song starts to play again.

I've used four different USB cables and nothing has helped with either issue.

I am going to need to contact Venturecraft. I'll post again once I have a solution from them.

Have you try to reset your ipod. That stop playing mid song happen to me too. When I reboot  my ipod touch, the problem seem to disappear.

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #344 of 594
@mtthefirst

All I actually have to do to fix that particular issue is just disconnected and reconnect the iPod from the DD. Easy fix, but still very annoying and frustrating that the DD is causing my iPod to freeze like that.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #345 of 594
hi guys, just got the venturecraft go dap socket 1 muse 1. but still waiting for my heir audio 8.a to come, so haven't played anything yet! just a quick question, does it come with a manual? because i saw it mentioned somewhere, but i haven't got a manual with my go dap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back