VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
Feb 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #513 of 594
Portaphile is now selling an amp that runs in two pair of muses01 foe L&R and one 627 for ground. So who is willing to take one for the team?

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #514 of 594
  Nope. It won't operate while charging. Micro USB port is for charging and regular USB port is connecting to your iDevices.

And what's the battery life on full charge? It better be good cos I'm starting to regret buying this dac if I can only listen for an hour in one sitting then have to wait for another three hours for it to charge. Makes no sense? 

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #515 of 594
What can of 30pin to usb cable is everybody using. There shortest one I can find is 10cm which is still way to long to be used portably. I really don't understand why Venturecraft decided not to include one in the box..maybe they are expecting people to dish out 160 on their custom made ones lol I don't think so especially when that there is no difference in sound quality going digitally with cheap or expensive cables. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #517 of 594
Portaphile is now selling an amp that runs in two pair of muses01 foe L&R and one 627 for ground. So who is willing to take one for the team?

Hi, actually it is one dual channel muses01 for L&R and one 627 for the ground channel. :)

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #519 of 594
I just get my dd socket 1 today. I've been told that when the switch is set the charge function (middle setting), the dac should be disable while the idevice is charging. However, when I tried this, I can still play music when connected to the amp (amp is on). Is this normal or has there been a firmware upgrade I'm don't know about which allows for the dac/charge use simultaneously? 

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #523 of 594
Enjoy it, you have a winner in your hand. It sounds as good as ak120 if not better.

Recently I have seen ddsocket1 stacked with picopower amp, I think picopower is a perfect match if you want to hear the opamp of your dssocket1.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #524 of 594
Enjoy it, you have a winner in your hand. It sounds as good as ak120 if not better.

Recently I have seen ddsocket1 stacked with picopower amp, I think picopower is a perfect match if you want to hear the opamp of your dssocket1.

Yes, I have considered the pico power but because mine is the opa627, I think it will pair better with an amp that also uses a opa627 like the portaphile 627/x/micro or Leckerton audio uha760/6s.mk2 with the opa627 option. The jds c5 is also quite tempting and can get locally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back