Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #557 of 560
While waiting for Twister's review, here are some pictures and impressions about SUN COPPER*
* (maybe someone should create a separate topic, or change the topic's name to Zen + Sun...)

I have the pleasure to own a pair of Venture Electronics Sun Copper since 2 weeks, and I'd like to share some impressions...
As it's difficult for me to describe precisely what I hear, it won't be highly developped, and I'll compensate with some nice pictures :)

Let's begin with pictures :
j9jl.jpg

lsc6.jpg

fo1b.jpg

p3d6.jpg

1u96.jpg

Now some impressions...

I listen mainly to full size headphones (Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Thridi, Mysphere 3.2, Focal Stellia), but sometimes I want a lighter alternative, especially for bed listening.
I can' stand IEMs anymore, as the pressure on the eardrums accentuates my tinnitus. Earbuds bring the open sound, the soundstage, the non fatiguing treble, the good tonality, but altough I tried a lot of them, I always missed two things : the fullness of sound, the impact and quality of bass.
The good reviews about Venture Electronics Zen 2.0 kept my attention, then I red a review (on V.E.'s Facebook group) about Sun Dice and Sun Copper, their TOTL buds.
Although the Sun Copper costs the double ($598) than Sun Dice, I was convinced by the review stating it was worth the price and the fact that the internals are almost entirely different. That was also confirmed by Wild Lee, Venture Electronics' CEO, who kindly answered to some questions and gave me useful advices to guide my choice. The last thing that convinced me : I was willing to buy an earbud with detachable cable, but Wild Lee explained that the sound quality was better with fixed and fine tuned cable, and furthermore that the Sun Copper has a lifetime warranty.
So I pulled the trigger. 2 weeks later, they were here in Europe. I let them burn in for about 200 hours.
I was affraid the fit could not be compatible with my ears shape, but as Wild Lee had told me, the provided hooks (very comfy) would help to get the ideal fit. These hooks (see my pictures) are great : supple, light, and I get a better fit (for me) than without them.
Since then, I really enjoy listening those Sun Copper (mainly with Sony WM1A alone, 4.4 balanced output, or Sony WM1Z + Woo Audio WA11 portable amp ; classical, vocal, acoustic, jazz) : now I have what I was missing with earbuds : the bass is deep enough, has the right amount, quality and impact (without bleeding to the medium), the sound is full and rich. I would say it's a headphone or loudspeaker sound, and rather high end :) Besides, I have open sound, wide soundstage, rich mids, non fatiguing treble although full of details, good tonality especially enjoyable with acoustic instruments.
All materials feel high quality, the cable is very nice.

I think I found my end game in earbuds, in my opinion they are really worth their price and bring great musical pleasure :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #558 of 560
While waiting for Twister's review, here are some pictures and impressions about SUN COPPER*
* (maybe someone should create a separate topic, or change the topic's name to Zen + Sun...)

I have the pleasure to own a pair of Venture Electronics Sun Copper since 2 weeks, and I'd like to share some impressions...
As it's difficult for me to describe precisely what I hear, it won't be highly developped, and I'll compensate with some nice pictures :)

Let's begin with pictures :
j9jl.jpg

lsc6.jpg

fo1b.jpg

p3d6.jpg

1u96.jpg

Now some impressions...

I listen mainly to full size headphones (Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Thridi, Mysphere 3.2, Focal Stellia), but sometimes I want a lighter alternative, especially for bed listening.
I can' stand IEMs anymore, as the pressure on the eardrums accentuates my tinnitus. Earbuds bring the open sound, the soundstage, the non fatiguing treble, the good tonality, but altough I tried a lot of them, I always missed two things : the fullness of sound, the impact and quality of bass.
The good reviews about Venture Electronics Zen 2.0 kept my attention, then I red a review (on V.E.'s Facebook group) about Sun Dice and Sun Copper, their TOTL buds.
Although the Sun Copper costs the double ($598) than Sun Dice, I was convinced by the review stating it was worth the price and the fact that the internals are almost entirely different. That was also confirmed by Wild Lee, Venture Electronics' CEO, who kindly answered to some questions and gave me useful advices to guide my choice. The last thing that convinced me : I was willing to buy an earbud with detachable cable, but Wild Lee explained that the sound quality was better with fixed and fine tuned cable, and furthermore that the Sun Copper has a lifetime warranty.
So I pulled the trigger. 2 weeks later, they were here in Europe. I let them burn in for about 200 hours.
I was affraid the fit could not be compatible with my ears shape, but as Wild Lee had told me, the provided hooks (very comfy) would help to get the ideal fit. These hooks (see my pictures) are great : supple, light, and I get a better fit (for me) than without them.
Since then, I really enjoy listening those Sun Copper (mainly with Sony WM1A alone, 4.4 balanced output, or Sony WM1Z + Woo Audio WA11 portable amp ; classical, vocal, acoustic, jazz) : now I have what I was missing with earbuds : the bass is deep enough, has the right amount, quality and impact (without bleeding to the medium), the sound is full and rich. I would say it's a headphone or loudspeaker sound, and rather high end :)
All materials feel high quality, the cable is very nice.

I think I found my end game in earbuds, in my opinion they are really worth their price :)
Great insight...

while waiting, a kind collector send me 6 units of old Monk earbud.. I blind try this... and find quite interesting finding on my own..

20201007_082659.jpg

Find this in original form, still 3.5 SE very impressive sounding, in term of resolution, really dense, tends to ZEN 2.0 in drivable manner (must plug to amp).
20201007_080421.jpg

it was not the most detail one, not the widest Soundtage one... but it gave that depth of resolution like ZEN 2.0... headphone alike signature... and it was just plug via my Smartphone...

curious more to compare, there are other same OLD Monk earbud in same condition, do the comparison, find that it was different sound.
IMG-20201007-WA0005.jpeg
The more better shaped (the below one), sound more airy to extend that it was border of my ear to accept... it was more bright signature, with wide soundstage...

seems OLD monk Driver is a bit gatcha. IMO...
again quite a good experience for me...

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #560 of 560
I have a question, does Zishan Z4 have enough power to drive VE zen 2.0?
My Zishan will arrive tomorrow, and I just discover few some extra money away from my wife and would like to invest them into a nice bud before it's too late :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back