Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread
Apr 2, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #541 of 560
I haved bought a ve Zen omega e. so now i want to upgrade cable, can you tell me the main different SQ between Standard Shining Copper cable, pure blue cable and oyaida 102 ssc cable and , i cant find any review on those cable

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #542 of 560
the oyaida is much stiffer than the new pure blue.
I prefer the blue ergonomically over the 102 ssc
The white is supposed to the TOTL Zen config
haven't notice any sound degradation between the two
the omega versions are the way to go with any of his buds
I have a regular Zen termed with balanced 2.5 and Zen lite termed 3.5

! also have a bunch of the monks, a monk 120 and expresso
also the biggie/smalls and new BIE
I haven't got the asura yet
not sure if I need it with the Zens
love my Zens

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #543 of 560
Little thought to this silent thread! Do any of us Zen fans own both Zen Omega and regular version? I started thinking about their casing difference, as regular version has more open back-venting whereas Omega version has socket there and not such back-vent as regular shell. So question is do regular vesion and Omega version sound excactly same despite of this shell difference? I myself have Omega version and I love them very much but I can't help but wondering. I would think that more open shell of regular Zen 2.0 would do at least slight difference in sound compared to Omega Zen, but I can't know since I don't have regular version.

I have started to like Zen with thin Monk foams, as they provide more comfort and secure fit. They do take some clarity away, but not too much to make sound too soft. My favorite portable combo is Xuelin ihifi1969 and Bluebird U7-I and it sounds very lovely on Zen Omega.
08042186.JPG
Xuelin ihifi1969, Bluebird U7-I, my short diy interconnect cable, diy attenuator adapter and Zen Omega with penon cable. Reason I use attenuator adapter is that Bluebird don't have unity gain like many other portable amps and thus channel imbalance area of volume pot is an issue with line-out input volume. Even with Zen I barely can get out of imbalance area before preferred volume level and I don't like that at all. Luckily attenuator adapter solves the issue and doesn't seem to impact the sound quality at all. I personally think every amplifier should have unity gain mode because line-output will always have enough volume anyway.
08042172.JPG
Nifty stack and heavenly sound!:beerchug:

Mar 11, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #544 of 560
Could you advise me a couple of cheap players that can drive zen 2 without a portable amp ? Cheaper than DTR1 and QA361

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #545 of 560
Does anyone know somewhere I can get my Zen 2 re cabled in the UK? My Zen is in a pretty sorry state. The metal inner pokes my ears making them pretty much unusable. Such a shame to have these lying about unused.

IMG_4349.JPG

May 16, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #546 of 560
Could you advise me a couple of cheap players that can drive zen 2 without a portable amp ? Cheaper than DTR1 and QA361

Try asking over on the Chinese DAP thread... maybe the Walnut or Zishan DAPs?

they can sound OK underpowered IMO... maybe not recommendable, but enjoying listening w/ LG V30 (hooray for hi gain mode) as I type, plenty of volume, zero soundstage lol (tbh presentation where v30 seems to be a little deficient compared to DAP in general)

Does anyone know somewhere I can get my Zen 2 re cabled in the UK? My Zen is in a pretty sorry state. The metal inner pokes my ears making them pretty much unusable. Such a shame to have these lying about unused.

There are a couple custom cable makers in the UK (toxic cables?) that might be able to. Though you could probably get it done for less at an electronics repair shop (plenty of cheap IEM cables you could bring in as replacement).

Render those temporarily usable with some tape (silicone, gaffer, electrical?) or flexible air curing goop (RTV or Sugru?). If you know someone that can solder not too difficult to take this style of shell apart by twisting/popping off the grille (there's a whole DIY Earbud mods thread somewhere around here).

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #547 of 560
My left earbud just stopped working. I’m trying to figure out if it’s the cable or the driver, but I have a feeling it’s the driver. If I wiggle the cable around, it doesn’t change anything.
I’ve got the black edition and have emailed VE but not sure what they’ll be able to do.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #549 of 560
Sep 16, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #550 of 560
No one here could test the Zen Sun (especially the Sun copper) ?

Sep 26, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #552 of 560
Someone reported about the E1DA 9038s working well. It's a portable dac under $100.

Sep 27, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #554 of 560
The only person, I know who is using is @twister6
I hope he can share his exp using VE SUN Copper..

Indeed, I received both VE SUN Dice and Copper, and have been featuring Dice as part of a pair up in all of my latest DAP reviews. I do have review notes and comparison, just need to put together the actual review. Should have done it long time ago since I keep replying to the same questions every other week instead of pointing to a review :) I will put together a write up soon!

1601257615395.png

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #555 of 560
Indeed, I received both VE SUN Dice and Copper, and have been featuring Dice as part of a pair up in all of my latest DAP reviews. I do have review notes and comparison, just need to put together the actual review. Should have done it long time ago since I keep replying to the same questions every other week instead of pointing to a review :) I will put together a write up soon!

Thank you for the quick response.. We will be looking forward for your impression then.

edit :

I was carry away just by this simple setup...
20200928_120454.jpg

Never find the enjoyment of Escape (the Pina colada song) by Rupert Holmes, at my DAP, Desk gear, but here in my office, I was fallen to the song...

edit2: find the blue cable is more enjoyable then the OTG... IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back