Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 30, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #362 of 560
To my ears highs on the Zen 2.0 were muffled. I listen to rock music and cymbals and other percussion sounded like it was placed under a thick blanket. I used portable amps such as FiiO E11 and Cayin C5 to power the Zen 2.0 but still I found them to be unbalanced with too much focus on lows and mids compared to highs.

Zen 1.0 was right up my alley.

I prefer Zen 1.0 it to PK1 by far. Still, I have been curious about PK1 for years and I finally bought a pair a few months ago so I'll keep them and see if they grow more with time. They do sound very nice when I use my Cayin C5 with bass boost turned on.

Some people love their Zen 2.0 but it appears to be very picky about amplification. Cayin C5 is a powerhouse, so it should be able to power the Zen 2.0 without a problem. For me, that was not the case...

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #363 of 560
Hi guys,

Just wanna share short impression regarding the black version of zen 2.0..

I have not heard the Normal red cable zen 2.0..

But with the mojo and dpx1 connected to the zen 2.0 black cardas cable..

The sound is phenomenal..
It has the most bass for earbud..
The mid bass have a good extension..
Not sacrificing too much of treble..
The soundstage is not wide enough..but sufficient..
Imaging and separation is adequate but not too superb..

The mids is fully bodied with lushness in it..
You will get addictive listening to it..

Afterall, it is a good investment for the earbud to compare some of the expensive iem such JH audio..

Best Regards,
Jonathan

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #364 of 560
Hi guys,

Just wanna share short impression regarding the black version of zen 2.0..

I have not heard the Normal red cable zen 2.0..

But with the mojo and dpx1 connected to the zen 2.0 black cardas cable..

The sound is phenomenal..
It has the most bass for earbud..
The mid bass have a good extension..
Not sacrificing too much of treble..
The soundstage is not wide enough..but sufficient..
Imaging and separation is adequate but not too superb..

The mids is fully bodied with lushness in it..
You will get addictive listening to it..

Afterall, it is a good investment for the earbud to compare some of the expensive iem such JH audio..

Best Regards,
Jonathan

i was hoping for a comparison to the normal zen 2.0 :3
thanks for the impressions still!

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #365 of 560
  Some people love their Zen 2.0 but it appears to be very picky about amplification. Cayin C5 is a powerhouse, so it should be able to power the Zen 2.0 without a problem. For me, that was not the case...

I love my Zen 2.0.  I have tried them on a variety of amps ranging from a CMOY to my Schiit desktop amp, and they are absolutely picky about the amplification.  In my experience, the quantity of amplification doesn't seem to matter to the Zens as much as the harmony between amp and earbud.

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #366 of 560
  I love my Zen 2.0.  I have tried them on a variety of amps ranging from a CMOY to my Schiit desktop amp, and they are absolutely picky about the amplification.  In my experience, the quantity of amplification doesn't seem to matter to the Zens as much as the harmony between amp and earbud.

have you tried it with cmoy amp such as JDS Labs CmoyBB or BSG Cmoy amp?
how is the result?

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #367 of 560
Well, Zen 1.0 isn't picky about amps at all and sounds amazing once you feed it enough power. So I'm still glad that I traded my 2.0 for a pair of 1.0. It would be nice if VE could have both models at the same time since there are differences between them...

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #369 of 560
  I use my Zen 2.0 with the JDS CmoyBB all of the time.  In my opinion, I find it a very nice combination.  It fits my preferred musical styles (acoustic, jazz, classical, rock, live performances).

thanks for the info!
I still searching for the cheapest amp that will pair well with Zen 2, I think I already have the answer here

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #370 of 560
  thanks for the info!
I still searching for the cheapest amp that will pair well with Zen 2, I think I already have the answer here

YMMV, as always.

I would be interested in others opinion about the Zen 2.0 with some of the more budget-friendly portable options (CMOY, Runabout Plus, Fiio E12).  I keep looking for something that will drive the Zen 2.0, looks less suspicious to the TSA, and is inexpensive enough to use out and about.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #371 of 560
Im using Fiio x5ii + Leckerton Uha-6s.mkii (opa627) with normal zen 2 and I found the combo amazing. Quick impression:
- enough bass
- amazing mid
- treble a little roll off but enough for me. Very relaxing.

My ok1 broken but if I have to compare zen 2 is easier to drive and more relax to hear for a long time. more comfortable than ok1.

zen depends on the amp a lot. I tried different opamps with the amp and 627 the best to hear with zen 2. Very natural.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #372 of 560
  YMMV, as always.

I would be interested in others opinion about the Zen 2.0 with some of the more budget-friendly portable options (CMOY, Runabout Plus, Fiio E12).  I keep looking for something that will drive the Zen 2.0, looks less suspicious to the TSA, and is inexpensive enough to use out and about.

I find they drive fine with even just my phone. There are lot of people who say otherwise but to each their own. I think a lot of folks seems to need very high volumes. For me these gets more than loud enough in the first half of the volume control on my LG G3. As for quality (the other amorphous quantity), it's fine on the phone. I have tried it straight from the phone and phone via amp and it sounds the same. You'll likely find more difference from the different transfer function of some amps than you actually would get from phone vs a really transparent amp.

My 2 cents.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #374 of 560
Got my standard zen 2.0 from their AE shop very quickly (6 days!)

Straight out of the box it has a more hifi sound than the monk and pairs pretty good with the L&P L3. Not the most revealing but good enough for me as it has very seductive sound I feel I could listen forever and totally different experience to iems.

I have to admit I am now a bit enamoured of the earbud sound and form factor except when isolation is required.

Using a Cavalli Liquid Carbon as an amp I originally was a little shocked how much better I thought it sounded, but when switching back and forth the difference doesn't seem as huge as I initially thought.

Anyway will keep listening and letting burn in. Like it a lot so far, and for me the bonus is it doesn't seem to need foams as much as the Monk+.

One day I will reterminate for balanced and see how that goes (both the L3 and carbon have better balanced outputs then unbalanced)

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #375 of 560
I am still not able to decide, should i buy a black edition Zen 2 ?
Currently i am enjoying Zen 2 with Chord Mojo :)

Some1 help me out plz !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back