[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 13, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #7,216 of 7,442
VE Monk Lite now available on Aliexpress

The versions of monk lite:
  • silver and white : 120ohm with white normal monk cable @ 6usd
  • silver and white : 120ohm with spc cable @ 20usd
  • gold and white : 40 ohm with white normal monk cable @ 6usd
  • gold and black : 40ohms with black normal monk cable from 6usd (with mic options )
  • silver and black : 40ohms with spc cable @ 20usd
23319300_10212149849436187_1687046422353952653_n.jpg

Jan 2, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #7,217 of 7,442
VE Monk Lite now available on Aliexpress

The versions of monk lite:
  • silver and white : 120ohm with white normal monk cable @ 6usd
  • silver and white : 120ohm with spc cable @ 20usd
  • gold and white : 40 ohm with white normal monk cable @ 6usd
  • gold and black : 40ohms with black normal monk cable from 6usd (with mic options )
  • silver and black : 40ohms with spc cable @ 20usd
23319300_10212149849436187_1687046422353952653_n.jpg
I am using the lites and i can say that these are better for me than the plusses.
Better fit, more neutral and that sexy two tone colour

Jan 2, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #7,218 of 7,442
I am using the lites and i can say that these are better for me than the plusses.
Better fit, more neutral and that sexy two tone colour
I had the gold and black 40 ovm version, but gave it to my dab for christmas because he likes earbuds and I prefer IEM.
Still waiting to buy Biggie&Smalls.

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #7,219 of 7,442
I had the gold and black 40 ovm version, but gave it to my dab for christmas because he likes earbuds and I prefer IEM.
Still waiting to buy Biggie&Smalls.
i havent had the chance the to try the higher impedance

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #7,220 of 7,442
Got my first monk plusses not so long ago and they blew me away! Now the next step is obviously going on a shopping spree of other VE products D:!
somebody-stop-me.jpg

xkoNr.jpg

Orrr somebody help me decide on one pair (for now).
I have a possibility of getting:

-Monk plus SPC (22$)
-Monk plus Makka (54$) should we stop here?
-Asura 2.0 (71$)

I'm a bit low on cash right now so SPC sounds like a good idea but I want to know:

How different is the sound of SPC compared to Makka?
Is it worth getting the Makka for that price or is it wiser to pay a bit more and get asura?

I'm mostly torn between SPC and Makka because of how limited they are but sound is the most important in the end :).

(Edited cos of the broken image as you can tell by the IMG I don't know how to remove :I)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #7,221 of 7,442
Got my first monk plusses not so long ago and they blew me away! Now the next step is obviously going on a shopping spree of other VE products D:!
somebody-stop-me.jpg

Orrr somebody help me decide on one pair (for now). I have a possibility of getting:

-Monk plus SPC (22$)
-Monk plus Makka (54$) should we stop here?
-Asura 2.0 (71$)

Is it worth getting the Makka or should I just pay a bit more for asura?
How different is the sound of SPC compared to Makka?

I'm mostly torn between SPC and Makka because of how limited they are but sound is the most important factor in the end :).

Monk Omega editions are about to be released. For all info and updates about upcoming VE products you can check out Lee his facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/52vecn/?fref=nf

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #7,223 of 7,442
Jan 13, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #7,225 of 7,442
Jan 13, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #7,226 of 7,442
for me spc is

For you spc is...?
I guess I didn't get that.
Or it's a clever cliffhanger!
this is what it says with either link

"Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment"

Weird... I have no problem clicking the link. I guess you can always search Wild Lee on facebook and check his posts :).

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #7,227 of 7,442
For you spc is...?
I guess I didn't get that.
Or it's a clever cliffhanger!

sorry got distracted by monk + omega and cant seem to find it or see it on facebook

was answering ivo001 question, I like makka edition but find spc is the better all-rounder or friendlier, idk why

I don't regret buying makka though

in the mean time I have a hard time justifiying buying any of the lite versions

monk 120 ohms does seem interesting though

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #7,228 of 7,442
sorry got distracted by monk + omega and cant seem to find it or see it on facebook

was answering ivo001 question, I like makka edition but find spc is the better all-rounder or friendlier, idk why

I don't regret buying makka though

in the mean time I have a hard time justifiying buying any of the lite versions

monk 120 ohms does seem interesting though

There doesn't seem to be much info to be honest.
This is the post:

qye9w0.jpg

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #7,229 of 7,442
I haven't been on this thread for a looong time but hear my story about defective Monk+ and succesful Monk+ surgery.
Long time ago I bought two pairs of red edition Monk+ and second pair had channel imbalance problem, that right side didn't have as much bass and it was slightly quieter also. I didn't think much of it back then because it's 5$ earbud, it's okay to have occasional bad units. I did blast it with high volumes and lots of bass and it did help a bit but didn't make right channel identical with left. Time passed on and those faulty monks was forgotten. Sometimes I still used them while for something talk related stuff, as for music they didn't work out at all. But now after long time I tried faulty monks again and channel problem had somehow gotten even worse. Now right channel was dramatically more quiet and didn't have much bass at all. So tonight I ripped right faulty bud open and took driver element entirely out from shell. I just stated that driver -seems- to be okay, and then I just put it back together. I didn't really waited for it, but now sound was completely cured of right channel and it now sounds identical with left channel. So it seems like the driver element was somehow "stuck" with shell and it couldn't move properly, hence producing thin and quiet sound. But for you to know, this wasn't actually first time I met this kind of problem, as my Hifiman RE400 did have such problem when I bought them NEW, which I also fixed myself.
But now my glorious handsome beautiful red Monk+ are on prime of their life. SOUNDS GOOOD! :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #7,230 of 7,442
I haven't been on this thread for a looong time but hear my story about defective Monk+ and succesful Monk+ surgery.
Long time ago I bought two pairs of red edition Monk+ and second pair had channel imbalance problem, that right side didn't have as much bass and it was slightly quieter also. I didn't think much of it back then because it's 5$ earbud, it's okay to have occasional bad units. I did blast it with high volumes and lots of bass and it did help a bit but didn't make right channel identical with left. Time passed on and those faulty monks was forgotten. Sometimes I still used them while for something talk related stuff, as for music they didn't work out at all. But now after long time I tried faulty monks again and channel problem had somehow gotten even worse. Now right channel was dramatically more quiet and didn't have much bass at all. So tonight I ripped right faulty bud open and took driver element entirely out from shell. I just stated that driver -seems- to be okay, and then I just put it back together. I didn't really waited for it, but now sound was completely cured of right channel and it now sounds identical with left channel. So it seems like the driver element was somehow "stuck" with shell and it couldn't move properly, hence producing thin and quiet sound. But for you to know, this wasn't actually first time I met this kind of problem, as my Hifiman RE400 did have such problem when I bought them NEW, which I also fixed myself.
But now my glorious handsome beautiful red Monk+ are on prime of their life. SOUNDS GOOOD! :)
That is a great story with a happy ending. Enjoy the Monk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back