[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jun 1, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #4,216 of 7,442
Why not indeed! There certainly are many good recommendations here. I got a pair of the Philips SHE-3950 after reading about them here and was pleasantly surprised.

I was tempted by the Yuins, the Pistons, any number of KZs, and I forget how many other iems and earbuds from this board. I've used iems for six years now but still like earbuds. Both have their merits, but oftentimes I'd prefer less isolation. I'm itching now to see the Monks in my mailbox!

I, in fact most of us on here agree that the Monk or Monk Plus is spectacular!
I mean how much 'bang for your buck' do you get these days?
Give 'em 50-100 hr burn in (according to Lee) and you'll be pleasantly surprised! :sunglasses::notes:

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,219 of 7,442
(Talk to myself) Nah... To be honest VE foam is the best.! I can't explain it. I hope VE will let us order the foam separately just in case. :pray:

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #4,220 of 7,442
(Talk to myself) Nah... To be honest VE foam is the best.! I can't explain it. I hope VE will let us order the foam separately just in case. :pray:

let us thank @zhibli06 the genius behind the monks

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,221 of 7,442

let us thank @zhibli06 the genius behind the monks

I think the genius behind the monks is still recovering after seeing how his Limited Red edition Monk+ took MassDrop by storm with 2350 units purchased within few days (and 3 more days to go)
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #4,222 of 7,442

I think the genius behind the monks is still recovering after seeing how his Limited Red edition Monk+ took MassDrop by storm with 2350 units purchased within few days (and 3 more days to go)
biggrin.gif

i want a rose gold monk!
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,223 of 7,442

biggrin.gif

i want a rose gold monk!
tongue.gif

two-tone all aluminum lol!!!  Maybe save that for Zen 3.0
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,225 of 7,442
any bets for the what final order number will be? :p

Well my original number of 2000 sold was blown out of the water, so anything is possible now!

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #4,228 of 7,442
Exactly Maurice, crazy to think we still have 3D to go! There is always a bit of a surge at the end so who knows what the final number will end up being :wink:

It should be an awesome number in the end! More color options for other VE models on Massdrop (exclusives would be exceedingly legit as well) would sell like hotcakes...that sounds good to eat right about now...

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #4,229 of 7,442

Exactly Maurice, crazy to think we still have 3D to go! There is always a bit of a surge at the end so who knows what the final number will end up being :wink:

Question is does venture have 5000 pair ready to ship
blink.gif
Not like I don't have anything to listen too in the interim but
rolleyes.gif

Guess the old standby's will work
wink_face.gif
This truly is $68 of compact bliss, case included
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #4,230 of 7,442
  Then I'll be careful and try to not rip one when I put the new foams on...

The foam covers that come with the Monk Plus are definitely a step down in quality (a lot thinner and prone to tear) compared with the (red) foam covers that came with the Original.  In fact, material quality overall seems to be uniformly lower with the Plus.  The Plus cable is also stiffer and retains the kinks from being bundled in the package.  The Original cable, however, is kink-free and rolls up very smoothly.  

Currently I have the Plus fitted with the red foam donuts that came with the Original.  Best sound I've heard from the Plus so far!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back