Vegetarian headphones?
Aug 3, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #136 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torula Yeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I get a pair of headphones with bloody 1.5" thick New York strip on either side?

I don't recommend these. No soundstage, and sharp rolloff over about 14k.

But the comfort is great, especially after engaging in a boxing match!

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #137 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, Vegetarians are big hypocrites, if you were a true vegetarian, you'd lay down and die. Unless you can obtain sufficient nourishment from rocks.

Allow me to shake your hand, sir! Your point is both well thought-out and entirely valid, given the current discussion. However, vegetarians are such gargantuan hypocrites, I don't think they'll follow your advice without a brave soul leading the way. May I nominate you. But don't worry, your selfless sacrifice will surely leave this world a better place!

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #139 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah

Three times the meat? Does that mean I get your fries?

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #140 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Allow me to shake your hand, sir! Your point is both well thought-out and entirely valid, given the current discussion. However, vegetarians are such gargantuan hypocrites, I don't think they'll follow your advice without a brave soul leading the way. May I nominate you. But don't worry, your selfless sacrifice will surely leave this world a better place!

Gladly, if I wasn't such a barbarian.
plainface.gif

As for my earlier comment, it had a measure of sarcasm in it; hope some of you noticed.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #141 of 174
I had a girlfriend once who was a vegetarian...when I asked her if it was because she didn't wanna hurt the animals or something, she just said "No, I just think meat is icky"

After I stop laughing my arse off I gave her the boot.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #142 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathBOB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I get a pair of headphones with bloody 1.5" thick New York strip on either side?

LOL!

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #143 of 174
Wow...which is worse:

Smarmy, holier than thou, church lady superior dance, moral high ground, dweeb veggie nerds...

Or

Fragile self esteem, insecure frat boys who feel threatened by the former so they feel the need to lash out at them with Andrew Dice Clay variety "humor" thereby preserving and proving their hairy chested manliness?

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #144 of 174
Andrew WK eats meat, so will i.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #145 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...which is worse:

Smarmy, holier than thou, church lady superior dance, moral high ground, dweeb veggie nerds...

Or

Fragile self esteem, insecure frat boys who feel threatened by the former so they feel the need to lash out at them with Andrew Dice Clay variety "humor" thereby preserving and proving their hairy chested manliness?

I think this is an excellent topic for a poll.

If pressed on the issue, my vote would be for the "dweeb veggie nerds".

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #148 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP: I'm all for adding headphones to a collection (just ask anyone who knows me), but I see that you already have the HD650s. You might want to simply spend your money on a recable and then on a better amp and source. With each change, it's like getting a new and improved headphone...seriously.

Yes yes! My experience:
- Denon CDP -> LDII+ -> HD-650 = very nice;
- Denon CDP -> GS Solo -> HD-650 = I could be happy with this for a long time;
- Rega Planet 2000 -> GS Solo -> HD-650 = my goodness that's amazing!

I haven't tried the recable bit yet, perhaps that's next! If only I could find some tasteful looking ones, the bright blue / pale grey ones I've seen really don't do it for me.

And no leather in sight!

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #149 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, Vegetarians are big hypocrites, if you were a true vegetarian, you'd lay down and die. Unless you can obtain sufficient nourishment from rocks.

LMAO!

ROFL!

I literally spit diet coke all over my monitor when I read that one.

Cheers to you Suzuka!

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #150 of 174
The Denon D5000's and Grado RS1's have wood.

Wood is tree.

Tree is vegetable.

Do not eat headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back