Vegan friendly headphone list
Sep 15, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #257 of 284
We could probably add the HEDDphone 2 to the list as well. The website says that it uses PU leather - so it is animal-free but is not without its environmental issues.

Yup I did already, mentioned it on page 17.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #258 of 284
Hi all,

I think AIAIAI's whole wired range can also be added. Not only you can select all the materials you want in your set but I also checked with them via email and they confirmed no animal products are used. They also have a very good no waste and sustainable philosophy.
It helps that the brand is backed by heaps of musicians as well and the prices are great, both for studio, live and leisurely listening :)

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #259 of 284
Hi all,

I think AIAIAI's whole wired range can also be added. Not only you can select all the materials you want in your set but I also checked with them via email and they confirmed no animal products are used. They also have a very good no waste and sustainable philosophy.
It helps that the brand is backed by heaps of musicians as well and the prices are great, both for studio, live and leisurely listening :)

These seem to be more budget DJ focused headphones. There are a ton of products out there under $500 that are vegan friendly but this list really focuses on products geared towards audiophiles (mostly).

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #262 of 284
Oct 1, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #263 of 284
Please add the T+A Solitaire T as well. Even though it is a wireless ANC headphone, it should be considered an audiophile headphone.
Added. thx.

I'd also like to re-recommend the Thinksound OV21. Vegan leather, bioplastic, sustainably sourced walnut. Also sounds incredible. I think I first mentioned it before a list was actively being maintained.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vegan-friendly-headphone-list.883890/post-17588226
Sorry I missed yours. I don't see where it says vegan leather?

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #264 of 284
Oct 3, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #265 of 284

Added. thx.

Sorry I missed yours. I don't see where it says vegan leather?
I asked them directly as I'm interested in their OV21 and their products are all vegan friendly. The response was actually from Aaron, the founder of Thinksound:

Our products are vegan and we use no leather in any of the parts. All our products are synthetics and pass RoHS testing for chemicals as well.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #266 of 284
I asked them directly as I'm interested in their OV21 and their products are all vegan friendly. The response was actually from Aaron, the founder of Thinksound:

Our products are vegan and we use no leather in any of the parts. All our products are synthetics and pass RoHS testing for chemicals as well.
Added, thanks!

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #268 of 284
From all the info I could find, SoundWarriors are vegan, not sure if anyone has ever contacted them.
I know they have been mentioned in this thread but were never added and they are great value and appear to offer headphones for both music listening duties as well as music making.

Oct 25, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #269 of 284
- Modhouse Tungsten (**ask for vegan zmf suede pads... the stock pads are animal leather**)

Oct 26, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #270 of 284
FWIW with the HEDDPhone 2, the original copy said "high-quality, vegan-friendly materials made in Germany" and then they changed it, so I asked if it was a materials change or a copy change and here's what they said:

"Yes all the materials are still vegan we just changed the text because our marketing department liked it better this way.
They are constantly trying to make our texts better and sound more appealing so sometimes this happens
🙂
"

Just in case anyone else spotted that and was unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back