VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Oct 6, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,606 of 3,324
Thanks guys for your inputs about the DAP choice for the Zen. I know the Zen is very capable and fun sounding. I never had such grooving experience with the Studio V3 using the other earbuds I currently have (Blox/Dasetn/Tingo).

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #1,608 of 3,324
I’m not quite sure it will be what I’m looking for, as I’ve read the Monks are almost mid-centrics and I want the opposite (V shaped sound), but for less than 8€, I’ve pulled the trigger and just ordered a pair from Aliexpress.

Now I’ll have to wait them to arrive and I’ll test them against my Edifier H180 (sorry I’m not an earbud collector, so I don't have anything else to compare apart from Yuin PK3, but H180 is better IMHO) and tell you what I think about them.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,613 of 3,324
Yes, Monk "flat", but pure sound :thumbsup:

Then, let’s hope that playing with my X3 II equalizer brings the sound I like from Monks, in other case it seems that I will be the first to tell that doesn’t like Monk's sound
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #1,618 of 3,324
hi Lee, would you be able to do a 2.5 mm balanced for the zen? im interested to buy the N5 and utilize the 2.5mm HO for the Zen. would that be possible? i know you can do balanced for Pono but not interested with DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back