VDA2 Owns!
Mar 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #91 of 108
a

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #93 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. seen the light yet?

eh, she's not the best i've heard.. but good enough to not make me get something better right away.

strenghts:
detail, outward soundstage, treble extension, dynamics (better than lavry),tight bass, it does't exhibit a particular sound... just lets the music speak for itself (as oppose to a stello).

weaknesses:
not as good imaging as lavry, bass is not extended, not very lively or musical sounding.... can be a little laid back sometimes.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #95 of 108
a

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #96 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by The dumb Matt_Carter
Well, Next to a Mark levinson, or Accustic arts, you're not going to find a better DAC.

Edit:

Until I've heard every DAC in existence, I'll refrain from taking a shot at it's world standings.

My bad...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #97 of 108
a

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #100 of 108
Quote:

Well, Next to a Mark levinson, or Accustic arts, you're not going to find a better DAC.

You may not find a better dac.... but I sold my vda-2 and vac-1 and bought a sonicraft dac60 and could not be happier with my decision.

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #101 of 108
a

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #102 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope... i've heard bad transports before... this aint one of them. it's not the last thing in technology (jitter rejection/ps and all that) but i'm pretty sure it's not affecting my sound at the levels i'm talking about...maybe i should get a squeezebox

i think part of the problem has to do with the air and detail within tones. for example, voices don't sound as real as i've heard them before.

but this seriously needs to stop, i'm never going to become a fanboy of any product, the VDA-2 is good, but i could go on all day about what's wrong with my zana deux, HD650, equinox cord and UR8 cables... that's just me.

don't have to be a fanboy... I agree with you wholly. Right now I'm using a SB with a Welborne PSU (not sure if its doing anything in particular, but don't have the time to care right now), and through my GS1000's and VDA-2/VAC-1, it's just right...

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #104 of 108
Quote:

Na referring to it's analogs. But it's digitals are of the same grade.

Uh, okay.

Quote:

Well anyway, I can not express to you how much the VDA needs an Eichmann PC to shine.

I beg you, trust me on this.... I'd give it a good 300% performance increase.

We have another Patrick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back