Vape-Fi
Jun 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #1,996 of 3,183
  should have listened to you guys, Rx200 showing atomizer short on the display screen....

Time to open her up and change that pin

Other than the length of the wires potentially making disassembly very tricky, this is a good call in general.  I ended up have to release wires and resolder to completely disassemble and reassemble the mod, but you may be more clever than me.  You'll also need to dremel the back wall of the battery sled to fit the bottom part of the connector and you may find that you're positive pen wire solder makes contact with your center pin itself - mine does.  It's the same circuit, so I'm fine with that, but you might not like that.  Either way, pick the 510 connector with the absolute shortest internal parts, to minimize issues.

I ended up using a short FatDaddyVape's 510 connector, but my advice is to drill out the existing hole rather than thread it with the standard 10/1 threading.  That's the only thing I'd have done differently and will do again eventually with my backup RX-200.

My issue was that the threads were so worn, none of my toppers would screw in anymore, which the FatDaddy 510 fixed just fine.  I can't predict if the board or pin are at fault for your issue, so ymmv.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #1,998 of 3,183
My Uwell Crown arrived today.

When I first set it up it leaked like a tap from the airflow when on its side, I put this down to a user error installing the coil and bottom section of the tank out of the box. After some readjustment or seating it doesn't leak anymore on 60vg/40pg. I find the tank feature wise exactly what I need, an extra 1ml (total 4ml) over the 3ml Atlantis, filling is simple with top fill so I don't need to remove the tank from the mod.

I still personally think flavour on the Aspire Atlantis 2 atm is a little better, and I'm a massive fan of the top airflow around the drip tip on that tank, I've become so accustom to using the Atlantis 2 with that top airflow wide open the Crown appears a little unusual.

Overall I seem to require less vape to get my nic hit, smaller draws and even nic sicked myself for 15 minutes earlier playing with the Crown tank. It will be something I'll stick with because I love the top fill option and larger capacity.

Its on 0.5ohm coils at about 35watts atm with full air flow.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,999 of 3,183
Whew, tried everything to take the top part off of my Cleito to replace the coil to no avail. Good thing it came with an extra plastic ('glass') part of the tank. I had to just crush and shatter the current one so I could dissemble it. Got it all ready only to find I had lost the mouthpiece...

Rocking my old Aspire Triton for the time being and it does just fine. Could not get down with going back to smoking cigarettes for long, I run through money so fast.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #2,000 of 3,183
Anyone know where I can get a replacement mouthpiece for the Cleito? It fits over a set of o-rings rather than sliding in to the top part of the tank, no one seems to offer that (at least one I'm 100% confident will fit). Aspire lists it as having a wide bore tip but my wide bore tip from my Mutation Xs RDA certainly doesn't fit. Took more force than expected but I was wrong, nevermind.

Good thing it was only $20, this tank has been a headache for me but I'm ordering a new setup today. My Project Sub-Ohm mod's 510 thread is stripped or something, the tank will not securely screw in anymore, you can constantly spin it and it's loose. I randomly get a check battery warning (2 puffs in from full charge) I've had a lot of issues with this mod. Not a good purchase.

Going for a Wismec RX200S and a Horizon Arctic V8 tank. Seems like there's a lot of different coil structures offered, anyone have experience with those? I'm going with the Tiger coils.

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #2,001 of 3,183
Augvape Merlin and the HCigar VT133 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,003 of 3,183
So the famous Uwell Crown has been giving me problems.

For some reason at random juice leaks into the base then out the air holes. At first I thought it might because I wasn't tightening the top lid enough so a vacuum tight seal wasn't occurring but I'm not sure that's why. Its leaked several times always the same way and quite randomly, I've had it apart, checked it over, changed a few seals with spares and gone right over it. Its a good looking tank, vapes well, and I really do like it apart from these leaking concerns.

My Atlantis 2 IMO still has the edge in flavour and has 'never' leaked once.

The Crown tank also becomes quite hot on my Koopor Plus 200 watt at just 40watts on 0.5ohm coils, this may also be the reason it leaks because of the heat thinning out the juice or something. I am getting some more 18650 batteries to run the Crown on my Sigelei 100watt Plus to see if there's still that heat build up.

I would say though overall, while I see the upsides of the Uwell Crown I have paid for something which has been leaking and made me question a user error, dud tank or why I spent the money. With something like the Atlantis 2 I've never regretted it from day one, and it remains my all day tank.

So Uwell Crown still on the trial and error run, but at this stage hasn't taken over the Aspire tank, not in flavour, or those leaking issues mention with the Uwell.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,004 of 3,183
  So the famous Uwell Crown has been giving me problems.

For some reason at random juice leaks into the base then out the air holes. At first I thought it might because I wasn't tightening the top lid enough so a vacuum tight seal wasn't occurring but I'm not sure that's why. Its leaked several times always the same way and quite randomly, I've had it apart, checked it over, changed a few seals with spares and gone right over it. Its a good looking tank, vapes well, and I really do like it apart from these leaking concerns.

My Atlantis 2 IMO still has the edge in flavour and has 'never' leaked once.

The Crown tank also becomes quite hot on my Koopor Plus 200 watt at just 40watts on 0.5ohm coils, this may also be the reason it leaks because of the heat thinning out the juice or something. I am getting some more 18650 batteries to run the Crown on my Sigelei 100watt Plus to see if there's still that heat build up.

I would say though overall, while I see the upsides of the Uwell Crown I have paid for something which has been leaking and made me question a user error, dud tank or why I spent the money. With something like the Atlantis 2 I've never regretted it from day one, and it remains my all day tank.

So Uwell Crown still on the trial and error run, but at this stage hasn't taken over the Aspire tank, not in flavour, or those leaking issues mention with the Uwell.

Looking on VU and ECF it appears that poorly made coils are the cause of your leak with the Crown. Check the coils gaskets and make sure the pin it pushed in tight, some have coil wires that stick out too far, trim or push them back a bit.

It's a dice roll with coils, that is why I only use rebuildable tanks.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,005 of 3,183

Looking on VU and ECF it appears that poorly made coils are the cause of your leak with the Crown. Check the coils gaskets and make sure the pin it pushed in tight, some have coil wires that stick out too far, trim or push them back a bit.

It's a dice roll with coils, that is why I only use rebuildable tanks.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I had read that myself about the wire, strange how it behaves itself for a while then randomly does the leaking thing.

I'm going to stick with it though because its a real curiosity thing atm to find out why exactly.

I have some more coils coming as well this week.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,006 of 3,183
My issues with the TFV4 mini and Scylla tanks leaking was gaskets/orings not forming a complete seal, and top-fill systems that cause internal pressure changes when I used stock coils.  Whenever I used an RBA with those tanks, I also had leaking from my wicking sliding over time to open up, but as soon as I wicked with more cotton I'd get dry/burned hits.

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #2,007 of 3,183
Question about batteries.

I've ordered a set and backup for my RX-200S but they won't arrive until Thursday while my mod arrives tomorrow. If I use 3 that have had similar wear, voltage, capacity and amperage from use in my single bat mods on the new one for one day, that shouldn't be a huge issue right? Only concerned about safety here. The life of the batteries is irrelevant now as my Project Sub-Ohm mod is now trash as the 510 screw is stripped and tanks no longer fit tightly, causing wild variations in resistance. So now the only mod I have is a three battery one and from what I've read I shouldn't use the old ones in it so I have 5 batteries that are now useless to me.

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,008 of 3,183
  Question about batteries.

I've ordered a set and backup for my RX-200S but they won't arrive until Thursday while my mod arrives tomorrow. If I use 3 that have had similar wear, voltage, capacity and amperage from use in my single bat mods on the new one for one day, that shouldn't be a huge issue right? Only concerned about safety here. The life of the batteries is irrelevant now as my Project Sub-Ohm mod is now trash as the 510 screw is stripped and tanks no longer fit tightly, causing wild variations in resistance. So now the only mod I have is a three battery one and from what I've read I shouldn't use the old ones in it so I have 5 batteries that are now useless to me.

use them if they aren't really old.  I use marry my batteries to the mod, not anymore.  if its less than a year old, I wouldn't worry.  I have batteries that are a couple of years old, i just use them for my flash lights now.

I do keep the same two batteries together though.  Just so they age at the same time.

Just make sure none of the wraps are torn so the battery doesn't short out.  

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,009 of 3,183

use them if they aren't really old.  I use marry my batteries to the mod, not anymore.  if its less than a year old, I wouldn't worry.  I have batteries that are a couple of years old, i just use them for my flash lights now.

I do keep the same two batteries together though.  Just so they age at the same time.

Just make sure none of the wraps are torn so the battery doesn't short out.  

Not very old and I'm not a frequent vaper so they haven't seen very heavy use. I'll be sure to label my sets though so that they all age equally. No torn wraps, all in great condition. I'll be sure to check their readins on my charger too before using them. It's not that I want to cheap out on batteries, just hate wasting a bunch of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back