Vape-Fi
Apr 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,861 of 3,183
  the Boreas and Moonshot made me forget about RDA's.  i'm getting so much vapor and flavor without having to drip.  it's been great. 

also loving this istick pico.  perfect little mod for me since i primarily vape 15-55w.  it's so compact and really like the looks and feel of it in my hand. 

how does the moonshot do in terms of leakage?   I can't deal with leaking, thats why I mostly use Goblin mini v2 and Mutank Indulgence for my tank setups.

Flavor is awesome on both those tanks too, especially the mutank.  Didn't think it was going to give good flavor since it was deemed a cloud chaser tank

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #1,862 of 3,183
i got a little leaking on my first build on the moonshot.  but i put more wick in my next few builds and have zero leaks.  flavor and vapor is top notch on the moonshot.   i dont think the goblin can touch the moonshot in flavor or vapor.  i don't have the v2, but i think the deck is the exact same as V1. 

i hear you, to me, a leaky tank is probably my biggest downfall a tank can have.  my Boreas was leaking after topfill too, but i think i have it figured out.  the Boreas has the best flavor/vapor production out of any tank IMO. 

i have an el diablo RTA and it produces some awesome flavor/vape, but i don't use it anymore cause i get leaks after top filling :frowning2:

threw the magister clone on the pico and used it quite a bit this weekend.  it's a nice combo. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,863 of 3,183
Don't much give into hyperbole. I'll try not here.

I've been fussing with different claptons since it's a road I've avoided. In that, I've become a fan of Alien Coils. However, I've been disappointed with how
soft the wires are and more let down by how fast these Aliens wore. It was said they were to last, but not even a month out I sensed performance drop off.

I hate rebuilding. I'm quite over the fuss of what's all the rage this week or month. I do enjoy the improved wicking/flavor claptons provide, though.

So a little more fuss. I ended up finding out lower gauge is the way and the truth, and the light. 32 and 24g. The results, quite astonishing.

Without any question this is the most rich and dense flavor I've ever experienced. I'd argue this is as clean as mesh but still providing meat to the bones.
And I'll admit, at times, the flavor almost seems too intense or rich. 

In fact, Grenada does taste a bit different. It tastes entirely more awesome.

It's not night and day different, no. It is, however, completely apparent and appreciable. Other characteristics I've noticed - much less wear on the coil, less wear on the cotton. Even with a warmer sustained vape. And it's at best nominally warmer.

I think this may go back to - I don't care for nichrome. Flavor just pops and pops leaving it out.

Anyways, apologies for the rant. This was a bit revelatory for me.

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,864 of 3,183
  i got a little leaking on my first build on the moonshot.  but i put more wick in my next few builds and have zero leaks.  flavor and vapor is top notch on the moonshot.   i dont think the goblin can touch the moonshot in flavor or vapor.  i don't have the v2, but i think the deck is the exact same as V1. 

i hear you, to me, a leaky tank is probably my biggest downfall a tank can have.  my Boreas was leaking after topfill too, but i think i have it figured out.  the Boreas has the best flavor/vapor production out of any tank IMO. 

i have an el diablo RTA and it produces some awesome flavor/vape, but i don't use it anymore cause i get leaks after top filling :frowning2:

threw the magister clone on the pico and used it quite a bit this weekend.  it's a nice combo. 

yup, thats why i'm getting rid my Bellus.  ******* thing sucks.  Leaks all over the place after a refill.

I think i"m going to try that moonshot.  Hows building on that thing compared to others.  I'm looking at that deck, and i'm not to found of it right now....

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #1,865 of 3,183

yup, thats why i'm getting rid my Bellus.  ******* thing sucks.  Leaks all over the place after a refill.

I think i"m going to try that moonshot.  Hows building on that thing compared to others.  I'm looking at that deck, and i'm not to found of it right now....

it's not the easiest, but it's not the worst.  there's several little tricks, like you can "lock" the deck in place using the smaller allen key provided.  and you'll get to know how to do your leads.  feed them in and then you have to lift the coil up over the air holes.  i've done 4 builds on mine so far and none were overly difficult.  wicking is sorta tricky if you don't know what to look for.  in most vids, they tell you to put the barrel on over the cotton and cut them at the base of the barrel.  you want to leave some extra because when you pull down on the cotton tails, it will pull the cotton down too low to cover the juice holes. 

you'll figure it out and it is worth your while.

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #1,866 of 3,183
Anyone here build coils? I'm looking to buy some,but I don't wanna pay $10+ for a pair somewhere else online. Looking for
Alien Coils
Stappled Staggered Fused Claptons
Or really any advanced builds like these. Even something just like regular fused claptons.

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #1,867 of 3,183
Anyone here build coils? I'm looking to buy some,but I don't wanna pay $10+ for a pair somewhere else online. Looking for
Alien Coils
Stappled Staggered Fused Claptons
Or really any advanced builds like these. Even something just like regular fused claptons.

It takes a bit of time to get it, but I'd give it a shot doing them yourself. You aren't going to find them less than $10/pair. At least Alien or SSFC. I know you can buy simple clapton rolls.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,868 of 3,183
Yeah I already build my own claptons,I just don't like taking the time to do them,and I can't really afford to buy large supplies of wire anymore either to make more complex coils. Lightning Vapes sells Clapton wire now,but by the looks of the pictures on their websites their not clean whatsoever. Quite terrible actually.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,870 of 3,183
Don't lose sleep over it. If you can't get Claptons, microcoils still work just fine.

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,871 of 3,183
Just tried some of the Beadalon SS316L 20g in the Kronos just for Shiits & Giggles.  It actually works quite nicely in TC with the default SS316 profile on the Cuboid. A 3mm ID 8/7 wrap @ 0.16 ohms, 460F/70W ramps up rather quickly.
lol.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #1,872 of 3,183
I got a Laisimo S3 200w today. It's another Chinese mod maker,being distributed by Asmodus like Sigelei products are. It's a 2 battery mod,so I'm not sure about its ability to actually fire 200w but the reason I picked it up because it's $38 on VapeNW. And to me,this is actually a pretty nice quality mod. I wasn't expecting much here. But. Very solid and heavy construction. It's weight reminds me of the RX200,but with a much more solid feel to it. We can also fire down to .05 with all wire types including Kanthal. Very nice screen on the top of the mod also. I wasn't really expecting a quality mod here for $38,but I must say I'm very very impressed. If you ask me,this mod is much more solid than anything coming from Wismec/Jaybo,Joyetech,P4U etc right now. When I think 200w $40 mod I think of the RX200. Now to me,at the end of the day the RX is going to be a better 200w simply because it's 3 batteries and can achieve this relatively easy. But as far as the quality and construction of the mod/parts the Laisimo wins hands down. I'm not really one to hop on the cheap Chinese mod train,but I think we have a seriously nice mod here for the price. And it fires down to .05,Now the only regulated mods that pop into my head that fire down to .05 are the DNA 200,the SnowWolf,Sigelei 213w and so far most if not all of Laisimo's mods. There's probably a couple more I'm missing here,but those mods I've just listed are more than double the price of the Laisimo and 2 are distributed by the same company. Don't call me a conspiracy theorist here,but I wouldn't be surprised if Sigelei and Laisimo were borrowing chip tech from the SnowWolf and Asmodus,as P4U still uses Yihi chips. I could be completely wrong here,and probably am. Now what this really could be is just a cheap China mod with a cheap China chip. But it certainly doesn't feel like so to me. Do I think Laisimo will trump all? No. Do I think there can be affordable AND well built mods like this for such cheap? Yes absolutely. After being disappointed with almost every Wismec product I've used,getting this great a quality product for so cheap is refreshing.

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,873 of 3,183
Hey,also got my Tsunami. Been rather disappointed with it to be frank. I'm not sure what's up,but the flavor is just flat out disappointing. Was expecting something much better. Matter of fact I'm getting myself a new Mutation X V4s as a bottom air RDA because in my opinion,the flavor off that thing easily surpasses the Tsunami.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,874 of 3,183
Yeah I already build my own claptons,I just don't like taking the time to do them,and I can't really afford to buy large supplies of wire anymore either to make more complex coils. Lightning Vapes sells Clapton wire now,but by the looks of the pictures on their websites their not clean whatsoever. Quite terrible actually.

really?  i get tons of flavor/vapor from the clapton wire sample i sent you.  on the bay, i seen some premade fused claptons for $12 for 10pcs.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,875 of 3,183
really?  i get tons of flavor/vapor from the clapton wire sample i sent you.  on the bay, i seen some premade fused claptons for $12 for 10pcs.

Theres nothing wrong with the UD Clapton wire,it works fine. No bad taste or anything,but I usually run dual 22/34 claptons staged with 22g.
Like these ones I'm running right now in the tsunami. I'm more of a larger wire/build guy and the UD stuff is just on the small side for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back