Vape-Fi
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #1,516 of 3,183
If I can sell some stuff I think I'm going to pick up a Bellus and an iPV D2. I know Trolldragon told me it has no stepdown but for $40 it looks like a solid little mod.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,517 of 3,183
i've been messing with temp control Ti builds lately.  i've now gotten it to work by the advice given to me by Trolldragon.  but i don't know if i'm a fan really.  the vapor production is nice and consistent, but i dont know if it's in my head or what, but the vapor seems dry to me.  like after several puffs, my tongue gets a dry feeling.  i've noticed it on 2 tanks i've done Ti builds on and even tried different juices, and still noticed that dryness.  not to be confused with a dry hit, the wicking is working properly.  am i the only one getting this from Ti temp control?  if i remember right, i was doing 9 wrap on 2.5mm dual coil, coming in at .18ohm vaping at 30-40w at 400 degrees.  i did it for a week and have since gone back to kanthal/regular wattage mode. 

Let me know what you're selling,I'm in the market for some different stuff

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,518 of 3,183
Last bottle of Pluid forever. Got a gallon of Grenada on the way, so rejoice. :D

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,520 of 3,183
Recently bought a Sigelei 50w mod to put my old Kayfun on.

Today bought an awesome Smok TFV4, 5ml tank, 4 holed AFC on the drip tip and also 4 on the base. :) Currently using the 0.2 ohm triple coil at 50w . The quad coil at 0.1 ohms doesn't work on my mod. Doesn't matter as I'll build the RBA deck soon. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,521 of 3,183
Bought the D2 and Bellus today. Can't wait to try them out!

Now the question is, do I wait till they come in to try the limited edition Mech Sauce fall line flavors, or just dig into them tomorrow? :D

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,523 of 3,183
Pumpkin Face tastes odd... kind of like vaping potpourri. I'm hoping the other two flavors taste better (they sound amazing at least).

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #1,524 of 3,183
hey man.  i'll probably be sending your juices tomorrow.  i might be selling my IPV4s and my Billow V2.  they both work really well, but i never use them anymore. 

I actually really want an IPV 4s. Would you take around $60 for the juices and box ? Does that tank have an RTA section?

And uh,I got a slip in the mail saying I have a package at the post office. I didn't order anything else aha

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,526 of 3,183
i'm gonna give a couple of genny flavor attys a try as i've been mostly dealing with cloud attys.  i ordered a nextgen clone and k.loud+g along with some 200 and 400 mesh.  i like the idea of great flavor, more efficient juice consumption and lower wattage/battery saving style of vape.  restrictive air flow will probably be the biggest change, but i've choked off many of my current attys to simulate.  we'll see how she goes!

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #1,527 of 3,183
  i'm gonna give a couple of genny flavor attys a try as i've been mostly dealing with cloud attys.  i ordered a nextgen clone and k.loud+g along with some 200 and 400 mesh.  i like the idea of great flavor, more efficient juice consumption and lower wattage/battery saving style of vape.  restrictive air flow will probably be the biggest change, but i've choked off many of my current attys to simulate.  we'll see how she goes!

Good luck with the NextGen the only build I could get to work on it without shorts was with hollow Ekowool over the mesh. Be very careful with pulsing your coils to work the hot spots out. Pulse and let cool, Pulse and let cool and so on. If you get a little too aggressive working out the hot spots you will melt the 510 insulator and it will start to leak through the 510 connection. The Nextgen works on the power of your draw to pull juice. If you have the air hole opened up full and just take light pulls on it, you will get eventually get a dry hit. with each pull you should see bubble rising from the tank. The same works for the airflow closed off too much and taking strong pulls will actually flood the tank, it takes a bit to get onto but you will get the hang of it.

Build it on a regulated mod so you can see when the mesh is shorting out on the center post, if you get any resistance with just the mesh installed and no coil you will have a hard time putting a coil on it.  Know the resistance of your build, if you are putting a 6/5 wrap of 28g on it you should have a resistance of around 1 ohm, if it is showing 0.5 then the mesh is shorting to the centerpost and ground. I would not use 26g as the 5/4 build on it would give you 0.5 ohms which would be the same as the short. You'll know it shorted as the centerpost gets really hot.

The K.loud +G is on my next order list as well I have the first one and the second one looks excellent for mesh or cotton.

One of the easiest Genny's to build on is the Kraken either single or dual. You can get one of the better made HCigar clones from EV for $10. A lot less frustrating than the NextGen. http://www.evcigarettes.com/hcigar-kraken-rebuildable-atomizer/

Also get yourself a little butane torch so you can oxidize the mesh to make it less conductive, or you can use the pulse method by just heating and tweaking the coil till it glows from the inside out with no hot spots.

Good luck and have fun!
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #1,528 of 3,183
Big mistake. Gennys will only cause you despair. I think I'd still take the Astron with a warm build on it just for flavor.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,530 of 3,183
thanks for the tips guys!  i'm aware of the problems i may encounter.  i figure, i'll love them or hate them.  i only spent about $60 for both attys and the mesh, so i think it will be worth the journey either way.  at least now i'll know if it's for me or not.  they just look so good and seem to have lots of praise when working right. 

yah TF.  the origenny v2 is also on my list. i dont know about the mkii one tho.  is that the 6ml honeycomb looking one?  i prefer a smaller tank to the larger tanks.   i'll probably get a clone of it next if this whole genny thing works out for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back