Vape-Fi
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #1,501 of 3,183

thanks TD!  i did this build on my aromamizer but with 2.0mm.  came in at .18ohm and it's working great!  not getting the pulsing i was getting with my previous builds.  thanks man! it is kinda nice.  temp control on this sxk zero seems to work great.  i vaped a tank dry last night and it did its job perfectly.   one thing i am noticing about Ti, is it seems like a dryer vape.  is that just me?  i felt like after half a tank or so, my tongue seemed "dry".  which i've never experienced with any other builds.  maybe im just going crazy.

Glad it worked out for you, I find TC vaping in general to be quite a bit different than Kanthal builds.  Some people don't like Ti and some don't like Ni200 they claim each one has its own flavor etc...
I like it as I can vape the Big German in SS tank mode and not worry it running dry and every vape is consistent.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #1,503 of 3,183
I just ordered Mech Sauce's fall dripper line. All the flavors sound amazing (s'mores, pumpking cheesecake, and caramel kettle corn). I'm not sure what kind of PG/VG ratio it is but I'm going to assume max vg (which sucks because I'm a 50/50 PG/VG guy and even the regular mech sauce flavors only come with 30/70 PG/VG max...).

I'm still a mech sauce fan though. Goat Gravy and Lucky Arms are great.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #1,504 of 3,183
P
I just ordered Mech Sauce's fall dripper line. All the flavors sound amazing (s'mores, pumpking cheesecake, and caramel kettle corn). I'm not sure what kind of PG/VG ratio it is but I'm going to assume max vg (which sucks because I'm a 50/50 PG/VG guy and even the regular mech sauce flavors only come with 30/70 PG/VG max...).

I'm still a mech sauce fan though. Goat Gravy and Lucky Arms are great.

Yeah it's max VG. Same with their Rule 19 box (which I really wanna try) but I'm a little broke right now so Luberconns bottles will have to last me a bit. If they're still offering the Fall Drip line in a few weeks im gonna be ordering for sure

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #1,510 of 3,183
Any fans of Temp Control here? I've been using it on my friends mod but I've been very underwhelmed thus far. The vape is really light for my tastes,I'd compare it to about 60w at 575 degrees. Is there a trick to it to get more and warmer vapor? Digging into TC would be cool. Thinking about getting the new DNA 200 (the one with 3 18650's) but I'm not so sure.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,511 of 3,183
i've been messing with temp control Ti builds lately.  i've now gotten it to work by the advice given to me by Trolldragon.  but i don't know if i'm a fan really.  the vapor production is nice and consistent, but i dont know if it's in my head or what, but the vapor seems dry to me.  like after several puffs, my tongue gets a dry feeling.  i've noticed it on 2 tanks i've done Ti builds on and even tried different juices, and still noticed that dryness.  not to be confused with a dry hit, the wicking is working properly.  am i the only one getting this from Ti temp control?  if i remember right, i was doing 9 wrap on 2.5mm dual coil, coming in at .18ohm vaping at 30-40w at 400 degrees.  i did it for a week and have since gone back to kanthal/regular wattage mode. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #1,512 of 3,183
Been experimenting with macro coils. I get one hit before it starts tasting weird despite it still being soaked. Not sure why. I can get hit after hit with micro coils. Anyone know what my problem is?

Is there a gap between the coil and wick? Maybe put more wick in?

Fancy box (but not really). Did that fit in your mailbox?

I got it delivered at work so they have unlimited space in the mailroom. :)

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,513 of 3,183
I have TC builds in The Big German (dual Ti), one Rose V2 (Ti), a Kayfun Lite (Ni), one Kayfun V4 (Ti) and the Flash e-Vapor VS (Ti), they all work well for me with no dryness or any other issues. Vaping with TC is not the same as vaping with Kanthal in VW. If you are looking to get the same quality of vape that a Kanthal 100W/0.4ohm build gives you, it is just not going to happen with TC. I usually don't vape any of my RTA's above 30W, the Silverplay I run at 55W on a 0.2 ohm dual build but it is my juice burner.
wink.gif

I use TC for the consistent vape it provides and never having to worry about a dry hit from either bad wicking or a dry tank.

I like the ability to use SS tanks on my RTA's for that FMJ look.
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,514 of 3,183
i've been messing with temp control Ti builds lately.  i've now gotten it to work by the advice given to me by Trolldragon.  but i don't know if i'm a fan really.  the vapor production is nice and consistent, but i dont know if it's in my head or what, but the vapor seems dry to me.  like after several puffs, my tongue gets a dry feeling.  i've noticed it on 2 tanks i've done Ti builds on and even tried different juices, and still noticed that dryness.  not to be confused with a dry hit, the wicking is working properly.  am i the only one getting this from Ti temp control?  if i remember right, i was doing 9 wrap on 2.5mm dual coil, coming in at .18ohm vaping at 30-40w at 400 degrees.  i did it for a week and have since gone back to kanthal/regular wattage mode. 

Any word on that juice? I don't get paid until the 8th anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back