Vape-Fi
Oct 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,486 of 3,183
yah TD, i'm really liking the size and look.  performing well too.  temp control works.  had a Ti build on it last night.  pulsing more than i'd like, but i think that has more to do with me sucking at building for temp control.  anyone got any tips on what resistance to aim for with 26ga Ti wire to get a smooth vape? 

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #1,487 of 3,183
  yah TD, i'm really liking the size and look.  performing well too.  temp control works.  had a Ti build on it last night.  pulsing more than i'd like, but i think that has more to do with me sucking at building for temp control.  anyone got any tips on what resistance to aim for with 26ga Ti wire to get a smooth vape? 

I have a dual 26g Ti 9 wraps each on 2.5mm for 0.18Ω that I run at 450F/35J in the Big German. Nice smooth vape on the iPV D2, I don't know how it will run on the Zero but give it a try.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,490 of 3,183
  I have a dual 26g Ti 9 wraps each on 2.5mm for 0.18Ω that I run at 450F/35J in the Big German. Nice smooth vape on the iPV D2, I don't know how it will run on the Zero but give it a try.

thanks TD, i'll try that out on my gob mini. 

@luberconn
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm pretty sure i might send you those juices.  tried mech milk again and again, while flavor is pretty good.  it makes me cough and i don't know why.  :frowning2:

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,491 of 3,183
  Someone talk me out of buying an IPV D2.

Thanks

Hey iPV D2...
biggrin.gif

One thing to know is that it will not fire below 3.6V in Power mode as it has no buck capability. If you put a 0.2Ω build on it, the D2 will fire that coil at 65W regardless if you have it set to 25W or 45W... Which might not be a problem or not, a 0.5Ω you can fire it at 26W or higher, a 1Ω will start at 13W and so on...

With that in mind you can't VERY LIGHTLY ( a very, very dim, dull red and only in the center) pulse a Ti coil at 7W in Power mode to clean it. You can either use a different mod or build a new coil when it gets gunky.

The TC mode of the D2 does not have this issue with minimum voltage and works great! You have to keep in mind that the TC resistance range is very small 0.05Ω - 0.3Ω which will limit you as to the coil size you are building and the device. Ni 200 is super soft and has an ultra low resistance, gives off really nasty **** if it glows red like a Kanthal dry burn. It also has to be spaced, no contact coils.  Ti Grade 1 is much better, a lot higher resistance, is stiffer and springier than Kanthal. You can make spaced or contact coils with Ti and it's nicer to wick but since the resistance is higher you will hit the 0.3Ω limit quickly depending on your build. Ti will also give of really nasty **** if dry burned like Kanthal, but not as bad as Ni 200.

SS 430 is the cats pajamas now for TC wire. Can be dry burned like Kanthal without issue, spaced or contact coils, it can also be use in VW mode just like Kanthal and has about 65% of the resistance. For TC if you don't have a mod where you can edit the TCR profile (DNA 200) then you will have to play with the temperature settings to find the spot where your cotton won't burn on your specific mod. 

Don't even think about this one here!
The eVic VTC mini looks great, has an AMAZING screen and a really nice feel to it. The only problem with it is the TC does not work properly, after you let it go to sleep all subsequent hits are anemic and totally useless. You might just as well vape an eVod for better satisfaction. When you remove the atty, reset the resistance put the atty back on and lock the resistance again it will vape fine till is goes to sleep, then rinse and repeat. Many letters have been sent to Joyetech about this issue with no reply. Not all units do this so it is a manufacturing bug and a dice roll to see if you get one that works or not. I would stay far away from it for TC.

(If you can get one cheap like for $29 from www.efun.top the it is a great VW mod with a cool bypass mode and now goes to 75W with the new firmware.)

I fixed the TC on my eVic VTC mini by exchanging it for a second iPV D2.
biggrin.gif

Lots of TC boxes on the horizon, the Sigelei 75W Plus  looks quite decent and then there are the big boxes like the HΩ Wrecker which looks great as well.
Tough choices!

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,492 of 3,183
  Hey iPV D2...
biggrin.gif

One thing to know is that it will not fire below 3.6V in Power mode as it has no buck capability. If you put a 0.2Ω build on it, the D2 will fire that coil at 65W regardless if you have it set to 25W or 45W... Which might not be a problem or not, a 0.5Ω you can fire it at 26W or higher, a 1Ω will start at 13W and so on...

With that in mind you can't VERY LIGHTLY ( a very, very dim, dull red and only in the center) pulse a Ti coil at 7W in Power mode to clean it. You can either use a different mod or build a new coil when it gets gunky.

The TC mode of the D2 does not have this issue with minimum voltage and works great! You have to keep in mind that the TC resistance range is very small 0.05Ω - 0.3Ω which will limit you as to the coil size you are building and the device. Ni 200 is super soft and has an ultra low resistance, gives off really nasty **** if it glows red like a Kanthal dry burn. It also has to be spaced, no contact coils.  Ti Grade 1 is much better, a lot higher resistance, is stiffer and springier than Kanthal. You can make spaced or contact coils with Ti and it's nicer to wick but since the resistance is higher you will hit the 0.3Ω limit quickly depending on your build. Ti will also give of really nasty **** if dry burned like Kanthal, but not as bad as Ni 200.

SS 430 is the cats pajamas now for TC wire. Can be dry burned like Kanthal without issue, spaced or contact coils, it can also be use in VW mode just like Kanthal and has about 65% of the resistance. For TC if you don't have a mod where you can edit the TCR profile (DNA 200) then you will have to play with the temperature settings to find the spot where your cotton won't burn on your specific mod. 

Don't even think about this one here!
The eVic VTC mini looks great, has an AMAZING screen and a really nice feel to it. The only problem with it is the TC does not work properly, after you let it go to sleep all subsequent hits are anemic and totally useless. You might just as well vape an eVod for better satisfaction. When you remove the atty, reset the resistance put the atty back on and lock the resistance again it will vape fine till is goes to sleep, then rinse and repeat. Many letters have been sent to Joyetech about this issue with no reply. Not all units do this so it is a manufacturing bug and a dice roll to see if you get one that works or not. I would stay far away from it for TC.

(If you can get one cheap like for $29 from www.efun.top the it is a great VW mod with a cool bypass mode and now goes to 75W with the new firmware.)

I fixed the TC on my eVic VTC mini by exchanging it for a second iPV D2.
biggrin.gif

Lots of TC boxes on the horizon, the Sigelei 75W Plus  looks quite decent and then there are the big boxes like the HΩ Wrecker which looks great as well.
Tough choices!

Thanks! I didn't realize the D2 didn't have step down in wattage mode. That's a bummer. I wasn't planning on using TC just because it's a whole new ballgame and I'm still oldfashioned with my mech mod and Kanthal builds. I was just tempted by a cheaper box mod + Aromamizer... Guess I'll skip it for now.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #1,496 of 3,183

thanks TD!  i did this build on my aromamizer but with 2.0mm.  came in at .18ohm and it's working great!  not getting the pulsing i was getting with my previous builds.  thanks man! it is kinda nice.  temp control on this sxk zero seems to work great.  i vaped a tank dry last night and it did its job perfectly.   one thing i am noticing about Ti, is it seems like a dryer vape.  is that just me?  i felt like after half a tank or so, my tongue seemed "dry".  which i've never experienced with any other builds.  maybe im just going crazy. 

@luberconn

How much will you take for the lot?

i'll take a look.  are you in the US?  i'll probably just charge shipping or something. or if you've got any juice you don't vape for trade. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,498 of 3,183
  just got the SXK zero mini 60w TC in the mail today.  so far i'm really digging it.  vaping well on straight wattage.  thing is built solid.  zero rattle, nice feeling buttons and good weight to it.  i'll mess with some temp control later.  thing is just slightly thicker than an istick 30w.  

Is this the Fasttech one? Want to buy one but they say it will ask new coil everytime you don't use if for half an hour. That would annoy me greatly.

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,499 of 3,183
@luberconn
I live in Washington state. And I only vape mech sauce for the time being but my flavors right now are 9mg nic so you probably wouldn't want them
smily_headphones1.gif

cool.  i'm in WA state too.  Wenatchee area.  yah, you're probably right, 9mg is too much for me.  you can pm me your info.  i can get them out probably this week.  no guarantees tho.  :)

Is this the Fasttech one? Want to buy one but they say it will ask new coil everytime you don't use if for half an hour. That would annoy me greatly.

i got mine off of GearBest.  but probably comes from the same place as the fasttech orders.  yah, it does ask "new coil UP same coil DOWN" after a period of time.  I thought it would annoy me too, but honestly, it really isnt bad.  when i'm vaping, im usually pretty much chain vaping, so it doesnt' come up often for me.  i actually kind of like it because i put on an herbal concentrates atty that has much higher resistance and it asked me, where i've blown several coils because i forget to lower the resistance for the herbal atty. 

even with that somewhat crappy feature, i can't put it down.  loving it.  it's just so solidly built and good looking.  my IPV4s feels like a childrens toy when comparing the 2

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,500 of 3,183

cool.  i'm in WA state too.  Wenatchee area.  yah, you're probably right, 9mg is too much for me.  you can pm me your info.  i can get them out probably this week.  no guarantees tho.  :)

i got mine off of GearBest.  but probably comes from the same place as the fasttech orders.  yah, it does ask "new coil UP same coil DOWN" after a period of time.  I thought it would annoy me too, but honestly, it really isnt bad.  when i'm vaping, im usually pretty much chain vaping, so it doesnt' come up often for me.  i actually kind of like it because i put on an herbal concentrates atty that has much higher resistance and it asked me, where i've blown several coils because i forget to lower the resistance for the herbal atty. 

even with that somewhat crappy feature, i can't put it down.  loving it.  it's just so solidly built and good looking.  my IPV4s feels like a childrens toy when comparing the 2

It will be my fourth mod so won't chainvape it probably. But I think I will buy it anyways. The price is so good and the mod looks great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back