Vape-Fi
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #316 of 3,183
I have never ordered from them but many have and I do believe they are very reputable. If you don't have an MVP now and want a few more features, the MVP 3 might be for you.

BUT

There is also the Cloudpor Mini, the Kamry Mini and the IPV Mini coming out. All will fire as low as 0.5Ω and the Kamry will fire a 0.3Ω, so you might want to look at them as well... The iStick sure started the mini device race... :wink:

http://www.vaportekusa.com/cloupor-mini-30-watt/

http://www.vaportekusa.com/kamry-20-watt-pre-order-january-delivery/

http://www.pioneer4you.com/goods.php?id=67

So many choices... I personally like the Cloudpor Mini, but will have to wait for some reviews. :D

Wow,thanks for the links! Got some things to think about now... I think I'll wait till they're released before deciding.

Do you have any suggestions on tube mods? I'm looking for something under $75 that can do 30w. I don't really care about tube vs box mods but just want to expire by options.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #317 of 3,183
Wow,thanks for the links! Got some things to think about now... I think I'll wait till they're released before deciding.

Do you have any suggestions on tube mods? I'm looking for something under $75 that can do 30w. I don't really care about tube vs box mods but just want to expire by options.

Sorry I don't have any tube units. Others should chime in with some info for you.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #318 of 3,183

You're most likely going to settle for clones at that range. And personally, I think that's really stupid because of how dangerous
some of those shoddy mods can be. The Sigelei 100w would be my recommendation for you.

There is also the IPV's, which I think are complete schiit. These also pose dangerous issues. Sadly, many of these box makers
are taking advantage of the vape boom and are trying to churn out as many versions, as quickly as they can - QC has gone down the drain.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #319 of 3,183
You're most likely going to settle for clones at that range. And personally, I think that's really stupid because of how dangerous
some of those shoddy mods can be. The Sigelei 100w would be my recommendation for you.

There is also the IPV's, which I think are complete schiit. These also pose dangerous issues. Sadly, many of these box makers
are taking advantage of the vape boom and are trying to churn out as many versions, as quickly as they can - QC has gone down the drain.

The Innokin MVP is $40-60 and even though it's from a Chinese company, it's gotten great reviews. I'll probably just end up with something like the MVP 3.0 or Cloupor mini.

I also don't think I need 100w... Id be happy with 30 to start with. I should probably get my RDA figured out first. My magma leaked all over my backpack today.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #321 of 3,183
The Innokin MVP is $40-60 and even though it's from a Chinese company, it's gotten great reviews. I'll probably just end up with something like the MVP 3.0 or Cloupor mini.

I also don't think I need 100w... Id be happy with 30 to start with. I should probably get my RDA figured out first. My magma leaked all over my backpack today.

You did specify 30w. That 100w isn't too much more and offers a ton more adjustment. All I'll say is be careful with the Cloupor, IPV, Hana/Cana, etc.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #322 of 3,183
  Any suggestions for an entry level vape pen? What should I expect to pay for it?

I thought you said you were 15... You can't even buy juice or go into a vape shop etc...

Don't vape for the cool thing to do, if you don't already smoke then don't start either!

For me Growing up in the 70's, smoking was all around everywhere, everyone did it and cigarettes were 75 cents a pack. I was stupid, almost 40 years later I found a product that got me off the analogs. 

Anything in your lungs other than air is never a good thing.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #323 of 3,183

Any suggestions for an entry level vape pen? What should I expect to pay for it?

I thought you said you were 15... You can't even buy juice or go into a vape shop etc...

Don't vape for the cool thing to do, if you don't already smoke then don't start either!

For me Growing up in the 70's, smoking was all around everywhere, everyone did it and cigarettes were 75 cents a pack. I was stupid, almost 40 years later I found a product that got me off the analogs. 

Anything in your lungs other than air is never a good thing.

Haha ikik! I already vape so atleast I got hooked on that instead of smoking. It really is less harmful than smoking.

As for buying the stuff I can easily buy stuff off the internet :)

I  understand if you don't want to help :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #324 of 3,183
And the 100W Sigelei can be a dangerous bit of kit as well... Watch Busardo here from the 22 minute mark.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #325 of 3,183
  And the 100W Sigelei can be a dangerous bit of kit as well... Watch Busardo here from the 22 minute mark.

What exactly are you pointing to? If you're talking about vaping a .4 coil at 100w on a stock RDA. Duh. He's simply not using an RDA with good enough aiflow design to cool the vape. I don't vape my Quasar at 0.05. If you're talking about him doing a 10 second dry fire on a 20g piece of kanthal at .1. Well, that's just stupid and proves no point. 

And more importantly, that all comes down to user error, not knowing how to properly vape at very high wattages. I am talking about defective issues, like
shorting. People use regulated boxes haphazardly with 'regular' batteries, which just compounds the risk. The other issue are shoddy battery packs used in some box mods.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #326 of 3,183
  What exactly are you pointing to? If you're talking about vaping a .4 coil at 100w on a stock RDA. Duh. He's simply not using an RDA with good enough aiflow design to cool the vape. I don't vape my Quasar at 0.05. If you're talking about him dry firing a 20g piece of kanthal at 0.1. Well, that's just stupid and proves no point. 

And more importantly, that all comes down to user error, not knowing how to properly vape at very high wattages. I am talking about defective issues, like
shorting. People use regulated boxes haphazardly with 'regular' batteries, which just compounds the risk. The other issue are shoddy battery packs used in some box mods.

I was just pointing to the fact that the 100W units can be quite dangerous as well for inexperienced or careless users. The big high power boxes have a cool factor associated with them for some users and I think we are going to hear about more incidents with the stacked batteries. Chinese quality control like you say is on the decline (if there was any to start with), since they know these will sell in North American markets by the container load.

There is also no study done on any of this health wise, so at what point does the wire temperature cause issues?  Does the flavouring, additivies or colours start to emit toxins when brought to an extreme high temperature. That 20 gauge wire was probably over 1000ºC in order for it to break like that.

In my opinion devices like the rDNA 40 with temperature control that can be set to keep your cotton wick below its burn point are the way things should be going.

Shoddy boxes and stupid people will always be out there... You can try to fix the shoddy workmanship by not buying the product and informing users with bad review.s... You can't fix stupid...

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #327 of 3,183

I was just pointing to the fact that the 100W units can be quite dangerous as well for inexperienced or careless users. The big high power boxes have a cool factor associated with them for some users and I think we are going to hear about more incidents with the stacked batteries. Chinese quality control like you say is on the decline (if there was any to start with), since they know these will sell in North American markets by the container load.

There is also no study done on any of this health wise, so at what point does the wire temperature cause issues?  Does the flavouring, additivies or colours start to emit toxins when brought to an extreme high temperature. That 20 gauge wire was probably over 1000ºC in order for it to break like that.

In my opinion devices like the rDNA 40 with temperature control that can be set to keep your cotton wick below its burn point are the way things should be going.

Shoddy boxes and stupid people will always be out there... You can try to fix the shoddy workmanship by not buying the product and informing users with bad review.s... You can't fix stupid...

Being dangerous for inexperienced or careless users means nothing to me. That's their problem. Personally, I do feel these 100w regulated mods are silly. I feel the insane wattages should be left to unregulated users where there is a real enthusiast movement for bigger and bigger clouds. Regulated box mods should cut off at 60w because it's plenty for .4 and above and they should just focus on nailing down safety and features.

As for your second point, this has been discussed to death. You can find plenty of discussions relating to wire, juice, cotton temps and their effects( Acrolein argument)
. Keep in mind again,per super sub ohming you're taking a 1 second pull. An average pull is up to 5 seconds on higher ohm builds. Do you hear about unregulated users frying their coils? No, because they don't fire for 10 seconds - it's short pulls when vaping and short pulsing when dry burning.

And I think back to my point, user error is much different from manufacturer defects. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #329 of 3,183
I have seen a few of ZVapers video's, always very informative. I understand RDA & RTA airflow now when it comes to heat.

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #330 of 3,183
Sorry for the constant questions, but I'm looking at the Innokin iTaste SVD. Is it worth paying the extra $40 or so for the new 2.0? The extra wattage doowrs seem nice and I have the batteries and charger needed so it's not an extra cost. I just love the way it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back