Vancouver, BC - anybody out here?
Oct 16, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not a fan?

The program was good, but mired in administrative difficulties. In other words, enrollment was low so classes kept getting cancelled. It's not too fun going to school when you have a 4 hour break in the middle of the day where you just sit around and do basically nothing. Not to mention that because of the low enrollment, I was lucky if the classes I needed were offered once a year. It was going to take me another 2 years to finish my 2 year diploma after I'd been there for 5 semesters, so I gave up and got a job. It's worked out well for me so far, since the IT sector is booming in this city.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #32 of 50
I got us an opening for a room at Kerrisdale Community Center on Nov 4th, from 1-5pm.

What do you guys think?

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got us an opening for a room at Kerrisdale Community Center on Nov 4th, from 1-5pm.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good. Cost?

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #34 of 50
Door fee of $10 a person, it'll also help cover refreshments.

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #35 of 50
I plan to attend
biggrin.gif

I don't have enough gear properly cased (takes about a year per project - I just like building em) to bring a proper setup, but I could bring my Zune, TPA6120 amp, mini3 and DT-770s if anyone is interested in hearing any of them.

The only thing I might finish is the HPDAC2 if I can debug the issues by then...

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #36 of 50
I dunno... I was curious in checking out what real headphone gear looks like, but I don't have anything to bring of my own and I don't really know what these meets are like... I can't commit my tenner for sure.

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno... I was curious in checking out what real headphone gear looks like, but I don't have anything to bring of my own and I don't really know what these meets are like... I can't commit my tenner for sure.

The meet is basically... you show up, have fun and listen to other people's gear. You don't have to bring anything of your own if you don't want to. Bring test CD's filled with material that you're familiar with so that you can test other people's gear.

Find what you like and start saving to buy it.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #39 of 50
16 years old here.got a 325i, ipod classic, and am still deciding on a tube amp (using vintage receiver atm)

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16 years old here.got a 325i, ipod classic, and am still deciding on a tube amp (using vintage receiver atm)

Good collection.
biggrin.gif
What receiver?

Will you be coming too?

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #42 of 50
A bit far, but you're welcome to come on down and join us!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back