Vampire wire done selling cables?
Jul 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TigzStudio

Member of the Trade: Norne Audio
So I ordered a 3 meter XLR cable through a different company (CCC/II Vampire cable sepcifically), and after waiting 3 weeks with nothing showing up at my door I end up calling the company I bought it from and also Vampire Wire directly.  

In the conversation with Vampire wire they tell me that they are no longer going to be selling cables and moving toward selling "connectors" only. The woman I spoke to had said they are just now getting rid of what cables they have left.   

This suprised me!  Anyone else know about this?

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 4
No, and that's a shame. Vampire produced some very well-made, inexpensive cables. It's a big loss. I am glad to hear they're still going to manufacture connectors, which are also quite good.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
In the conversation with Vampire wire they tell me that they are no longer going to be selling cables and moving toward selling "connectors" only. The woman I spoke to had said they are just now getting rid of what cables they have left.   

Did you ask her why they're no longer selling cables? could it be because their cables are **** and no-one buys them... (apart from Uncle Erik, that is...lol)

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Thread revival, but I figured I'd add a bit about this. When I e-mailed Vampire Wire about shipping to Canada, I brought up this rumor. So here's part of the exchange:

...I read a rumor that you guys stopped making cables, and only sell connectors now. Is this true?

[size=x-small]Y[size=x-small]es we have discontinued most of our cables. The CC is still available made to order but really nothing else.[/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]So there you have it. Thanks to Jessica from Vampire Wire for her prompt reply.[/size][/size] I'm glad they haven't discontinued the #CC series cables, since they seem to be quite well made and are a great value. Also, because I'm planning on buying them, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back