Valhalla Problems! Someone Help!
Aug 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #77 of 104
Quote:
Wasn't it opened as well, the Valhalla? He could have been trying to mod or tube roll and screwed it up.

Quote:
Ok, not gonna lie, that sounds sketchy. Maybe I missed a few details within this post, I apologize. And feel even worse for ya now.

Maybe he did try to mod it or something, I don't know, all I know is that I'm most likely going to be selling this thing as "not functioning properly or for parts" on eBay or FS on here. After all, I did have some good experiences on the FS forum. 

Thomas

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #78 of 104
Quote:
So much for 5 yr warranty

Yeah Jason from Schiit said it is NOT transferable and etc.....basically I learned a lesson. If your gonna buy used Schiit, buy it B stock (manufacture refurb) or new from them. If not, hell is waiting for you.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #79 of 104
I've been following this since the beginnig. Many parts don't fit. Why is the seller not piping up about this issue and giving an explanation? I don't care how badly the box looked upon arrival, stripped screws require tampering. They could have dropped the box from ten stories and screws would not be stripped.
The seller is responsible for all this mess. My 02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #80 of 104
Apologies Jason. I love you!

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #81 of 104
Just to clarify. You paid for a working product and you received a non-working product. Period. Sellers can't go around blaming shipping companies for faults and expect them to bail them out. I don't know the seller and don't mean to bash but when you received the amp and it did not work it should have been returned to the seller. He needs to deal with the losses, not you.

Sent From My iPad From Ultrasone Planet Using Tapatalk HD

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #82 of 104
Quote:
Just to clarify. You paid for a working product and you received a non-working product. Period. Sellers can't go around blaming shipping companies for faults and expect them to bail them out. I don't know the seller and don't mean to bash but when you received the amp and it did not work it should have been returned to the seller. He needs to deal with the losses, not you.

I wanna return it to him for a refund, but I can't. How do I know he will refund me when he receives it? I can't open a dispute with paypal. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #83 of 104
Did u read my previous post? Why has the seller not come forward and accounted for this? The problem is now, that you took it to a tech and he messed with it, so the seller won't accept culpability. The stripped screws were a given. Either the seller or the shipping company tampered with the amp. The latter, I don't think so. It really sucks and I'm sorry for your troubles but don't let this reflect on head-fi as others have stated.
In reference to Jason and I don't own any Schiit products, honestly it really is not his problem. Warranty issues vary from company to company and basically the non-transferable warranty is because of issues like this. If the amp had problems it was up to the seller to correct them not the buyer.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #84 of 104
And with a 5-year warranty. Has the Valhalla been around for 5 years? Yea I don't think so. If the original owner had a problem with it he would have returned to Schiit for warranty. So the problem would have been introduced in the second owner.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #85 of 104
Exactly. The second owner messed with it and ruined it. He tried selling it by claiming he only used it for five hours. Then, when the third owner realized it was broken, he would conveniently blame the shipping company.

Five hours before life got in the way? BS. I listen to my new amps for five hours the first night after I rip open the box.

And with a 5-year warranty. Has the Valhalla been around for 5 years? Yea I don't think so. If the original owner had a problem with it he would have returned to Schiit for warranty. So the problem would have been introduced in the second owner.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #86 of 104
Quote:

Sounds about right!

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #87 of 104
Quote:
Sounds about right!

Quote:
Exactly. The second owner messed with it and ruined it. He tried selling it by claiming he only used it for five hours. Then, when the third owner realized it was broken, he would conveniently blame the shipping company.
Five hours before life got in the way? BS. I listen to my new amps for five hours the first night after I rip open the box.

I think that sounds the like most accurate thing going on. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #88 of 104
I'm disappointed to read this thread. It's a very sad situation. I hope you understand this is not typical of the head-fi community, but I understand your sentiments. I also have to say I'm disappoint in Schiit's stance on this as well. Jason certainly could have done more. Ultimately however, it sounds like the previous owner played with it and broke it. You could still try to open a claim with paypal and state the item had damage that couldn't be repaired. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #89 of 104
Quote:
I'm disappointed to read this thread. It's a very sad situation. I hope you understand this is not typical of the head-fi community, but I understand your sentiments. I also have to say I'm disappoint in Schiit's stance on this as well. Jason certainly could have done more. Ultimately however, it sounds like the previous owner played with it and broke it. You could still try to open a claim with paypal and state the item had damage that couldn't be repaired. 

Thank you for your polite words, but I cannot open a dispute, I already tried. Gloomfire had paypal go in his favor, and I am supposed to get $66 to help cover the tech fees (I wanted to return for full refund), but the e-check refund is pending until Tuesday, and I am already out lots of money. I don't even know if I'm really going to get the $66, it could be a scam like this amp was. I am really upset with Gloomfire (the seller) because of his dishonestly, lack of communication, and his overall attitude. 

Thank you,

Thomas

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #90 of 104
Hey all,

Just to clear things up:

1. Yes, our warranties are nontransferrable. Why? The main reason is that our amps and DACs are popular platforms for modders to start with--and some of them take the mods a bit too far. And then they get sold. Which means we have *no idea* what the next owner is getting. We can't service a modded amp crammed full of nonstandard parts, so we can't warrantee an amp we didn't sell directly, or through an authorized dealer.

2. Our warranty terms are clearly stated, so if a seller is saying a warranty is transferrable, they're deceiving you. 

3. That said, we always offer to take a look at an amp and fix it at low cost when we are asked about amps that are not covered under warranty. If it's not modded, it's usually fixed for free, or for under $50. We've even gone above and beyond to fix things like Asgards that have gotten orange juice dumped in them and cat throw-up in them (don't ask)--for free. If it's modded, that's a different story. It may be very costly to return it to stock.

And, with vampire5003, the offer we originally made in email (before the tech was involved) still stands--send it in, we'll have a look, and we'll fix it at lowest possible cost. We've already sent you an Alps volume pot for free. We'll do what it takes to make it right. Worst case is that the amp comes full of Black Gate caps and hoodoo resistors, and it has to be returned to stock. At that point, we might as well change it up to a Valhalla rollable for $100 or so. 

Bottom line: if you have an out of warranty Schiit amp or DAC, don't be terrified to send it back to us. We'll take care of you--usually as if you had a warranty. But we have to cover ourselves for the inevitable mod-fests out there. You'd be amazed what we've seen come back.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back