Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
Jan 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pat1006

100+ Head-Fier
So this year I was planning on getting my girlfriend a pair of headphones. She loves music just as much as I do but has been using ibuds. I figured Valentine's Day would be a good excuse to introduce her into higher end audio. I was all excited this year to be getting her a pair until I found out at Christmas her brother got her Bose headphones. Now I am clueless on what to get her.

I have thought about buying her a cd that I like but she pretty much has all the music that we both like. Another idea could be to make a mix cd but she has made these for me in the past and I want something new/creative.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get her? Her top three interests are music, history and reading. I know she really wouldn't want me to get her anything but she has been stressed lately with school. I figured a gift would cheer her up. Thanks for the help.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this year I was planning on getting my girlfriend a pair of headphones. She loves music just as much as I do but has been using ibuds. I figured Valentine's Day would be a good excuse to introduce her into higher end audio. I was all excited this year to be getting her a pair until I found out at Christmas her brother got her Bose headphones. Now I am clueless on what to get her.

I have thought about buying her a cd that I like but she pretty much has all the music that we both like. Another idea could be to make a mix cd but she has made these for me in the past and I want something new/creative.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get her? Her top three interests are music, history and reading. I know she really wouldn't want me to get her anything but she has been stressed lately with school. I figured a gift would cheer her up. Thanks for the help.

Take her to a concert (music), or a museum (history), or a bookstore/coffee date and buy her a book of her choice (reading). Any one of those would show that you are aware of what's important to her, and would take her mind off her busy studies... if even for just a little bit!
wink_face.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 5
A concert and/or a fine restaurant is a nice gift/experience.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try and see if I can get any of these to work out. If anyone has any more suggestions I would like to hear thsoe as well.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Here's a site i've been digging recently: Etsy ::
It may not be your thing, but its this online marketplace where artists, jewelers, craftsmen etc go to sell handmade stuff. Most of them take custom orders and do personalization. It's a really random suggestion, but imo, girls prefer handmade, personalized stuff over store bought stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back