Valab 4395 Platinum 24bit 192k Hi-Bit Re-data DAC USB
Feb 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by gattari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Return on this subject as my opinion should be revised, because I had used the teralink x2 power directly from USB, and thus its inferiority was clear, especially in low-medium and low range, the sound seemed pasted on these frequencies.
I have said
let's try the teralinx x2 with power as it has this option even if the power supply is not provided, in practice with a lever you exclude the USB power.
Well guys the teralinx x2 have completely changed for the better and many more.
I did not think that the power was so crucial for this unit.
Goes splendidly well, I'm using in kernel streaming.

What kind of power supply did you use? SMPS? 5V?

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #62 of 72
No one knows which psu is needed there? Not even the one who says he applied an external psu?
confused_face.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kooka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one knows which psu is needed there? Not even the one who says he applied an external psu?
confused_face.gif

Hi Kooka,

as I mentioned two postings above: Have a look at this thread. There are also others with similiar experiences with external power supply.

Cheers
Fujak

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Kooka,

as I mentioned two postings above: Have a look at this thread. There are also others with similiar experiences with external power supply.

Cheers
Fujak

Thanks Fujak: 9v battery, eh..?

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Thanks Fujak: 9v battery, eh..?

icon10.gif
No, no, the 9V battery is an exhausting solution. As I wrote, the ordinary stabilized wall power supply is it for me. Or the tapping of the DAC power supply.

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

icon10.gif
No, no, the 9V battery is an exhausting solution. As I wrote, the ordinary stabilized wall power supply is it for me. Or the tapping of the DAC power supply.

Sorry, but which voltage? 12v? Is it an smps..?

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_cool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe it says 8-12 vdc.

Yes indeed, it says so. I couldn't notice any audible difference between 9V and 12V (two positions at my power supply), so I decided to switch my power supply to 9V.

BTW @ kooka: what is the meaning of "smps". If it means a stabilized power supply, my answer is yes.

Fujak

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Switching Mode Power Suppy

Ah, thanx. So I can say, it isn't a SMPS; just a stabilized wall power supply. Do you see an advantage for a SMPS?

Fujak

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Ah, thanx. So I can say, it isn't a SMPS; just a stabilized wall power supply. Do you see an advantage for a SMPS?

Fujak

No, actually. But if it is a wall PSU I would say it is probably a switching one...

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #72 of 72
Back to theme - Valab 4395 Platinum

Meanwhile it is the dac, I use. Xindak DAC 5 rotate to my son, a younger HiFi-listener with Yamaha equipment. Thats okay, cause Yamaha has a bright sound, Xindak a smooth sound.

I think, the Valab 4395 is a best buy, nothing to criticize for reproduction the music.

My one thought is to compare with the audio-gd reference one.

I knew it is another price range, otherwise the only reasonable improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back