Valab 4395 Platinum 24bit 192k Hi-Bit Re-data DAC USB
Sep 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 72
ebay listing says:

"We need serious reviewers for this dac. If you can give us a deep, detail and of course fair and honist review report and unveil it on audio forum like Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio or any others.
Please query us by ebay message. We will offer our best price of this dac44 for you. We will not ask pre-read this review. We need most critical reviews to make it product better. "

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ebay listing says:

"We need serious reviewers for this dac. If you can give us a deep, detail and of course fair and honist review report and unveil it on audio forum like Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio or any others.
Please query us by ebay message. We will offer our best price of this dac44 for you. We will not ask pre-read this review. We need most critical reviews to make it product better. "

I have read but have not contacted them, I just made an offer of $ 460 and was immediately accepted.
Ciao

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 72
I've purchased 3 of the NOS dac's from valab over the last year, all 3 had problems. I've yet to get a perfect one. Hopefully you know a little bit about soldering and electronic engineering, cause it's gonna need fixing.

Sep 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've purchased 3 of the NOS dac's from valab over the last year, all 3 had problems. I've yet to get a perfect one. Hopefully you know a little bit about soldering and electronic engineering, cause it's gonna need fixing.

Today, the seller wrote me, this is the first unit that sells, I hope that they tested well, and as it is the first unit to be sold is sending me a present of their coaxial cable interconnection in silver, but I do not know do with it because this cable I already have.

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 72
I have ordered mine right now from Kevin that made me a good price.
I hope that it has an adequate output section too that we missed on the non oversampling NOS TDA1543 DAC. Maybe Kevin has now to change the text of his announce now of the old DAC because we don't want to hear the artifacts with the new 24bits/192kHZ DAC! Just kidding.
My second Nos Dac worked at his best, without any evident trouble after creating a good airing and using it with the Valab interconnects with trannies.
The sound came out loud but it lacked in some fine details that I heared even with my old Sony SCD-777ES, a real tank, indeed. I'll use this machine now as mechanics for my tests of the new gear when it arrives.

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #15 of 72
Sadly, anyone that touts the "natural" superiority of NOS DACs can't simply turn around and claim their new product with 128x oversampling "sound quite similiar to nos dac, natual, analog and faithful".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back