Vaio Pocket price drop
Jul 22, 2005 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Kestrel

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...CJ&dpno=583861

Link editted to lower price. Thanks for the update
wink.gif
$199 with 10 dollar overnight available. The player is getting to be even more of a bargain for those looking for something to fool around with at this point in time.

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~DPNo~499746.asp

A little heads up... Now at $229.00 with 10 dollar overnight available.

Now...it is under 200 dollars. Great deal for this price!! I have been fairly impressed with the sound quality, even though software is a strugle to use.

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Now...it is under 200 dollars.

confused.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 39
I thought the link was the same, but for that price....just can't be beat. The player is a bit bulky in comparison to the iPod, but given the 40 Gigs and nice color LCD screen, it is a very good buy. The line out sound very good as well.

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 39
it was weird. my right hand seemed to have a mind of it's own. the first thing it did when it saw the second link was slap me across the face (i guess to try to smack some sense into me). then it was click this. click that. typed in my credit card number all by itself. didn't even let me get regular mail. had to put up a struggle to click on standard overnight instead of priority. and get this, now it's giving me the silent treatment! maybe it'll forgive me after it makes sweet and passionate love with the vaio pocket?

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #9 of 39
I can live with the battery at this point after a few days of thinking over where I'll truly be using the unit... For any longer rougher trips I'm probably going to purchase an Iaudio G3 or the sort...

But now the only thing bothering me with the Vaio is the line out
wink.gif
Not exactly portable to carry the cradle around and I'd like to amp my music a bit... What to do D; I'm curious if I could take the cradle apart and find out what pins are for line out and make a little custom adapter for it....

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
it was weird. my right hand seemed to have a mind of it's own. the first thing it did when it saw the second link was slap me across the face (i guess to try to smack some sense into me). then it was click this. click that. typed in my credit card number all by itself. didn't even let me get regular mail. had to put up a struggle to click on standard overnight instead of priority. and get this, now it's giving me the silent treatment! maybe it'll forgive me after it makes sweet and passionate love with the vaio pocket?

I think you need a beer.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #15 of 39
yeah you're right that link doesn't work anymore... good thing i jumped on that (thank you right hand)... but strange.... now my order on their "order history" part of the site says: WALKMAN 40GB HD/26K SONGS/COLOR LCD ... the original saying was: 40GB VAIO MP3 Player w/ Photo Color LCD ( FREE Remote Control / Headphones / Docking Station) ... which fortunately is still in my email confirmation. should i be concerned? i'm like 99.9% sure that there's no other 40gb HD mp3 player that is made by sony besides the Vaio Pocket which doesn't go by the term "walkman"... but i guess all players have been called that title lately... think even ipod. although it is a bit freaky that the changed title has no sign of it being a "sony", unlike the second original link that contains the term "vaio"
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back