VA/MD/Washington DC on MAY 29th, 2010 NEW
May 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #93 of 103
So I'm new on these forums and just getting into the high end audio scene.  I plan on making the May 29th date and am highly looking forward to it.

Currently I have no gear besides crappy cheap headphones and a set on bass-less Senn PC350.  I was wondering if you all knew of any good stores in the area to audition this gear besides meets.  My price range is very large from about 300-1500 (not sure at this point what my ears can distinguish).

May 11, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #94 of 103
There's a store on Route 50 in Falls Church that sells Grados.  I don't know if you can demo them.  It's between 7 Corners and Annandale Road
Deja Vu Audio in McLean sells Stax. Again, I don't know if you can audition. The meet will be the best place to audition although it can be a little noisy.

May 18, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #97 of 103
Is it looking like this one might be a little under-attended? Are we VA/MD/DCers over-meeting?
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #102 of 103
so what time do you all think would be best to get there.  I have never been to one so I would assume people wonder in and out throughout the day.  Are there generally more set ups morning, afternoon, ...most people out by 2,....  Also, I was thinking about making an assorted playlist of like 5 or so songs on my zune to test these with (hi, mid, low, voice, fast, and slow).  Are most people good with letting you change the source or should I just listen to what is set up?

May 28, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #103 of 103
This is a reminder that you have reserved:
Library: George Mason Regional Library
Room: George Mason Meeting Room
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
Reservation start time: 10:00 AM
Reservation end time: 5:00 PM
Confirmation Number: MMBZXVO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back