VA/MD/Washington DC on MAY 29th, 2010 NEW
Mar 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #61 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it, though I may not be there till ~2pm. I can bring a speaker amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDewey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be bringing my Peachtree Nova, feel free to use the speaker outputs.

Thanks very much for offering! Turns out if there are enough Stax amps around I won't really need a speaker amp, except maybe for the K1000. There seems to be a couple balanced amps that will be in attendance so maybe I just need to make a 4 pin XLR to 2 3 pin XLR adapter.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #63 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just need to make a 4 pin XLR to 2 3 pin XLR adapter.

Ironically, thats just about the only XLR adaptor I don't have (I've got mini-xlr 5pin/4pin, full sized XLR 3pin cables, and 3pin>2x 3pin splitters).

If anyone wants me to bring my splitters, they are passively done (and not through a transformer/distribution box), but it would allow two sets of phones to be plugged in...

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #64 of 103
I would like to attend this meet. If work doesn't get the away, I will my bring my newly acquired BHKE along with my HM-801 using the line out to
my SR Lamda Pros.
I can also bring my T-1's for another person's setup.
My son and wife will be joining me, who are also Head-Fi Members.

As the Beatles once said, " a good time will be guaranteed for All!

Hope to see you all.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #65 of 103
I would like to attend this meet. If work doesn't get the away, I will my bring my newly acquired BHKE along with my HM-801 using the line out to
my SR Lamda Pros.
I can also bring my T-1's for another person's setup.
My son and wife will be joining me, who are also Head-Fi Members.

As the Beatles once said, "a good time will be guaranteed for All!"

Hope to see you all.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #66 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by saitoh
Ironically, thats just about the only XLR adaptor I don't have (I've got mini-xlr 5pin/4pin, full sized XLR 3pin cables, and 3pin>2x 3pin splitters).

Heh, then I guess I will have to make one. Hopefully I'll get a chance before the meet.
tongue.gif

Hope to see you too, immtbiker! The more 'stats, the merrier. Does your BHKE have a normal bias jack?

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #67 of 103
No it doesn't, but the mad scientist has a plan for it in the works,

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #68 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I booked room at my library. The room will be available from 1 to 5pm on Sunday, March 21. The room is free and huge parking lot in front is free too. The library will open that day at 1pm, so do not come earlier than 12:50.

The address is: 7001 Little River Turnpike, Annandale VA 22003.

After you enter the building turn left just after the doors. You do not need even go to the books section.

Still at the address/library above? Just making sure before I hop in the car on Sunday. We looked at the library event calander last night and didn't see the event publically announced so I didn't know whats up.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #69 of 103
Sorry guys, but I have been swamped with work- so I don't think it's going to happen. I will look forward to the meet reports.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #70 of 103
I'm thinking about coming. I have been on Head-fi since 2001 but have never been to a meet!!! Should I bring the Cary 300SEI? It's heavy as lead but I thought some folks might want to see it and hear it.

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #71 of 103
You definitely need to attend a headphone meet at least once in your life.
biggrin.gif
I for one would very very much like to try your Cary 300SEI with my AKG K1000, and perhaps you would be interested in hearing the combination as well.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #73 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a heads up the OP has not posted in this thread in over two months has anyone verified that we are on for Sunday??

...and the last time he logged in was 2 weeks ago.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #75 of 103
Well since vvs_75 appears to be leaving us hanging, I checked the Fairfax County Library page. There isn't anything scheduled tomorrow at George Mason Regional Library, and it's actually available from noon - 6pm (reg op hours are 1-5).

It says that since it's less than 48 hours from the meet, we should just call the branch. Anybody want to step up and call them? Number is listed here. I'm not intimately familiar with the library scheduling system but I imagine if vvs got anything scheduled it'd be on the calendar, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back