VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #46 of 211
If I can get a kitchen pass, I'd love to set my WA3 with CCS mod next to it. :)

I've got the itch for a little DIY project.  I'm going to try to have a Crack + speedball built for the event too :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #47 of 211
I will bring the phonior and maybe the Sonett. Will def bring hd800 and he6

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #48 of 211
Quote:
I will bring the phonior and maybe the Sonett. Will def bring hd800 and he6

And however wants to listen bring your iPod b/c I will bring the onkyo NDS1 so you can audition with misuc that is familiar to you

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #49 of 211
Count me in!  I'll plan on bringing my Cowon J3 and Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition, plus my HE-400 and Emotiva Mini-X A-100 with resistor-implemented cable adapters for those who are curious about trying speaker amps.  I'll go ahead a make a few more adapters so multiple headphone types can be used.

cool.gif
 Excited! 
cool.gif

I'm new to headfi and audio equipment in general, but I'd love to come. Im from Baltimore which is about an hour from Annandale. I can bring Hifiman HE500 and Emotiva mini x. Anyone else from the Baltimore area?

If you're planning on bringing your Mini-X, perhaps we can set ours up together.  I have a speaker tap adapter that has banana plug to mini-XLR with a built in 500-ohm resistor.  I plan on making 2 more, one with a 250-ohm resistor and one with no resistors. I'll also have a mini-XLR to XLR (balanced) and mini-XLR to TRS (unbalanced) so basically any headphone will be able to connect to the speaker tap adapters and we could have two going at once.  Let me know what you think.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #52 of 211
It is looking a lot like my custom tube amp will be ready in time. Prepare to witness the might of the Q701s + tubes!!!!! 
k701smile.gif

Also, what is the possible potential of bringing some speakers? I know the website is not speaker-fi, but I figure hey....why the heck not right?

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #53 of 211
It's a room in a library, so i'm not sure how loud we can realistically get. I guess it depends on how large the speakers are and who's controlling their volume. I'd love to bring my speakers,but they're a couple hundred lbs...

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #54 of 211
I would also be concerned about the speakers interfering with everyone who is listening to open headphones. Just my two cents

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #56 of 211
Quote:
Even better! I wish we could get the profile of the Austin meet with more vendors coming, We have Justin, and for that I am very grateful, but it wold be nice to have Woo guys and Cavalli, etc, show up to audition some tube gear for dynamic headphones. 

ALthough on the other hand, if less people show up, then there will be less between me and Justin's 009-BHSE set up. That stuff is crack! you take a hit and you dont what anything else -- not even food, water or sleep! 
tongue_smile.gif

I think I can cover the tube part quite well in fact. Ill be there with my own arsenal of tube amps.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #57 of 211
Quote:
It's a room in a library, so i'm not sure how loud we can realistically get. I guess it depends on how large the speakers are and who's controlling their volume. I'd love to bring my speakers,but they're a couple hundred lbs...

I would love to bring my speaker too its the one in my profile pic. Though i suspect the thing would not fit through the door.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #58 of 211
Quote:
Count me in!  I'll plan on bringing my Cowon J3 and Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition, plus my HE-400 and Emotiva Mini-X A-100 with resistor-implemented cable adapters for those who are curious about trying speaker amps.  I'll go ahead a make a few more adapters so multiple headphone types can be used.

cool.gif
 Excited! 
cool.gif

I have something just like your adapters also ill bring mine too.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #60 of 211
Quote:
I think I can cover the tube part quite well in fact. Ill be there with my own arsenal of tube amps.

beerchug.gif

Great! I hope I can make it. Looks like my work trip to EU may actually happen just around the time of the meet. Nothing set in stone, but looks like I am be seriously jetlagged that Saturday.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back