VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #76 of 103
So it looks like we might have a Magni and a Vali at this meet. I've been eager to try both.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #79 of 103
I'm new to the head-fi community but if my schedule works out I'll be there with a Mapletree Ear +HD, K702s and some sort of digital source. Curious if anyone's bringing MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, as I've been wanting to give them a try.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #80 of 103
I should be able to make it this time and will bring along Bifrost->Lyr->Emotiva UPA-200->HE-6

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #81 of 103
  I should be able to make it this time and will bring along Bifrost->Lyr->Emotiva UPA-200->HE-6

Cool.  Interested in checking out the Emotiva piece.  I've been looking at Emotiva separates for my HT setup.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #83 of 103
  I'm new to the head-fi community but if my schedule works out I'll be there with a Mapletree Ear +HD, K702s and some sort of digital source. Curious if anyone's bringing MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, as I've been wanting to give them a try.

I'm hoping my Mad Dogs will be in before the meet! I hope to test them out with some portable amp/DAC's. Though if I do get them before the meet they will not be fully burned in.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #84 of 103
Haven't made a meet up in quite a while. Just came across this thread and it looks like I will be avail and can bring a few old tech things, nothing sexy: (source) Sony9000es, (amp)ALS MG-HeadII + Headrooms Home, (phs) Senn HD650 w/ Equinox cable, plus a few items for sale or trade. Interested in hearing the latest and greatest.

Are they allowing refreshments in this Lib?

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #85 of 103
Just moved back to the area and I'm excited to go to a meet. See you Saturday!

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #86 of 103
If anyone has an extra extension cord they could bring, I only have a couple power strips I can bring

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #87 of 103
I'll bring as many as I can get my hands on, at least 3 if not more.  A few people had this slip their mind last time (including myself) so we were short and had to go pick a few up.  I have a note next to my gear 
tongue.gif

Seems like we're going to have a good variety and also a good bit of unique stuff 
cool.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #88 of 103
Othen than an Ipod, all my digital music is on a Sonos wireless system that I can't really bring....I don't have a laptop, etc, and I don't really access my digital music with a PC.

I may just bring in a dedicated CDP some CDs and, my Asgard-2 and Grado 225i. I also have an integrated Amp with a decent DAC that supports digital sources, that I use that with a speaker system and my little HP rig.

If you guys think that's too 20th century let me know...you won't hurt my feelings
atsmile.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #89 of 103
  Othen than an Ipod, all my digital music is on a Sonos wireless system that I can't really bring....I don't have a laptop, etc, and I don't really access my digital music with a PC.

I may just bring in a dedicated CDP some CDs and, my Asgard-2 and Grado 225i. I also have an integrated Amp with a decent DAC that supports digital sources, that I use that with a speaker system and my little HP rig.

If you guys think that's too 20th century let me know...you won't hurt my feelings
atsmile.gif

If anyone needs a source to use, and has some interconnects, I will have 3 DAP's, along with my laptop there.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #90 of 103

If anyone needs a source to use, and has some interconnects, I will have 3 DAP's, along with my laptop there.

We'll see how it goes.  I bought one of those lighting-to-usb connects for ipad/iphone.  Not sure what data its actually feeding my DAC, but I can connect the DACmini right up to it via USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back