VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014
Dec 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #46 of 103
I can come ( had to cancel last year ), and bring anything in my sig.

*I may be putting the 007+KGSS up for sale. If its still around at the 18th i'll lug it along. If you like the sound u could probaly take it home:)

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #47 of 103
Cool, another Gilmore amp. :)

*I may be putting the 007+KGSS up for sale. If its still around at the 18th i'll lug it along. If you like the sound u could probaly take it home:)

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #48 of 103

While I'm confident that will NOT be taking it home (I need to stay married), I hope to hear it. The KGSS > SR009 was a combination I really enjoyed at another meet, so I'd love to hear the 007’s.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #51 of 103
  Is this a trade show or is it just a get together?

It is just a get-together.  Normally, Jason of Head Amp attends - so, you would see him there with his amps - GS-X, Blue Hawaii, etc.  But, Apparently, he has another event to attend to.  The rest though, is usually just members - who obsess like the rest of us - and take the time to pack up their gear and head in for the members to enjoy, discuss and enjoy some more.

By the end of your time there, most people usually have about $1,000, or more, circling in their head as to how they could spend it in various combinations.  Then again, this is the hobby and it wouldn't be related if it didn't have us spending money. 
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #52 of 103

Ya I'd like to hear both of them as they seem to be the logical next step from my HE-300. 

Nah. 

It is kind of backwards since the HE-300 is dynamic. If you like the HE-300 sound, then look around for some sennheiser HD600s or HD650s. The HE-4 and the HE-400s are fairly unique in their sound signature and it is not for everyone. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #54 of 103
I'm new to the whole meet thing. Would I have to bring gear to come or can I just show up? I have the he400 but it seems that someone else is bringing them.

You're free to just show up without any gear. Just because you see gear listed doesn't mean it's going to show up at the meet--people cancel at the last minute, so you might want to bring your gear anyway.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #59 of 103

Any chance you might be selling some lambdas? I just bought some stax lamda classics that I will bring and I would like to add to my collection. 

The only Stax I have now are my Lambdas and I could never bring myself to sell them. They were way too much of pain for a broke guy like me to get a hold of. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back