VA / MD / DC meet on Saturday, July 28, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #46 of 64
Quote:
dx100? that would be great, really want to hear how it sounds compared to the j3 xD

Sure -- if there's anything that anybody wants on it, I own a lot of music (and I'm happy to buy more for purposes of this thing) let me know and I'll load it up.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying 007s and 009s: been considering it for a bit but haven't had the chance to audition them. Definitely looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday!

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:
Btw, anyone from Charlottesville going to attend this meet?

If you were more Eastern, say around Fredericksburg or Stafford, I could offer you a one way... :/

Unless you wanted to go to a concert after the meet. :p

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #49 of 64
Going to have to work this weekend so I will miss this.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #50 of 64
I actually have a Saturday off, so I will be there.

I'll havewith me:

Old School Macbook (might bring my Mini instead)
Behringer uca202
Schiit Asgard
Sennheiser 558

Clip+
Fiio E11

I won't have all the power cables I had last time but I can still bring extras to help out.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #51 of 64
Quote:
That's an interesting question.  I'm sure there are people who live a bit further out.  I think Charlottesville is about 75 miles away from the meet.  Worst case, if you had someone who could get you half way and someone could meet you to get you to the event.  I live west of Washington, DC - but, still about 50+ miles from Charlottesville.

If you were more Eastern, say around Fredericksburg or Stafford, I could offer you a one way... :/

Unless you wanted to go to a concert after the meet. :p

Thank you, it's great to know how friendly and kind head-fiers are. Actually, I've just found 2 friends who can accompany me to the meet. I don't have much audio gear here to bring with me but I'll bring my cameras to do some report photos.

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #53 of 64
Quote:
I'll havewith me:

Old School Macbook (might bring my Mini instead)
Behringer uca202
Schiit Asgard
Sennheiser 558

Clip+
Fiio E11

I won't have all the power cables I had last time but I can still bring extras to help out.

Interesting.  Since I'll have the Audio-GD NFB-12, which can be used as a strict DAC (Wolfson chips), it would be interesting how it would pair with an Asgard and HifiMAN headphones.

I think this will be a great meet.  Thanks to all those who have made the effort to suggest the idea, arrange for the library facility, etc.  It is truly appreciated to have a total "geek" day among some of the members of this forum as well as much of the audio gear that I truly love as a hobby.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #54 of 64
HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #55 of 64

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #56 of 64
That was a blast! Thanks, everybody!

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #57 of 64
Yo, why no pictures of my ghetto gear?  
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, this was a very good event.  It was nice to meet up with some of the people that I've communicated with on this forum through sharing ideas, etc. and then be able to share conversation, thoughts, etc. in person today.   While I did personally spend 4+ hours at the meet, I feel as though I didn't get enough time to even begin to hear the headphones that I would have liked to hear - like the: Thunderpants, HD-800s, LCD-2 v.2, Grado PS-1000, Grado GS-1000, the Stax, some of the Ultrasones ... and, a few others.  I didn't make it around to enough to have an opportunity to catch a listen to some of those devices.

However, the conversations were great.  While I don't have impressive gear, I felt that having the Music Streamer II, the Little Dot I+ and the Audio-GD NFB-12, offered the option for some of us "enthusiasts" --- who love music, but might not quite yet be the true, "die hard" audiophile to hear some DACs and amps in the $125 - $250 range.  We all love to gasp when we approach the mega-buck gear, yet, for many of us the financial priorities can be different.  So, we have to have somewhat of a compromise in the headphones and gear that we have.

In closing ... all I have to say is damn, that Blue Hawaii gear is sexy stuff. Unfortunately, my daughter is heading to Virginia Tech in August, so the bucks will be tied up in education for the next 4 years before I can make any drastic moves or purchases in audio.

Thanks to Vlad for arranging this meet, along with the facility.  Excellent stuff !!

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #59 of 64
Thanks to Vlad...very enjoyable movements will remember for life...

Thanks Wje...Audio-GD NFB-12 was really good...very good improvement to E17...

The Headphone I enjoyed the most was LCD2...it is really a class better then my HE-400...it has very good smooth sound sig with great bass...

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #60 of 64
It was my first time at an event like this, and I have to say that it wont be my last. The selection of gear was unbelievable and everybody that I got to talk to was very friendly and patient with my lack of knowledge. 

Thanks Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back