Edit 4/2013: Orders can now be placed on the regular HeadAmp order page here: http://www.headamp.com/order/index.htm
Other than the Gilmore X2, the other product I'll be releasing in the first half of 2011 is the Pico Power portable amp. Some bullet points on this design:
- 18V (2x9V) which is twice as powerful as the standard Pico amp and 4x as powerful as the Pico Slim. This is the recommended amp for the hardest to drive headphones.
- Discrete output buffer circuitry
- Low/High gain switch
- First HeadAmp portable with removable batteries
- Estimated 20-25 hour battery life with high-capacity NIMH batteries, more if Alkaline or Lithium are used.
- Perhaps the smallest 2x9V amp (see the size comparison with the standard Pico). The dimensions make it a close match with the iPod Classic, Touch, and iPhone. Very thin, only 0.1" thicker than a 9V battery.
- Enclosure is precision machined from solid aluminum, including the battery cover.
A few weeks before they are ready to ship, I'll have a pre-order thread, so look for that in 2011. There will also be a few units going around to beta testers who may share impressions. Look for pre-order pricing around $400.
Now a few photos...
Any questions/comments, just post here
Edited by justin w. - 4/7/13 at 7:52pm