VA / MD / DC meet on Saturday, December 15, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #91 of 181
@Viktor,

That would be about the best experience you could get with the HE-6s...IMO  As long as the amps are not to powerful.  Try to stay around 150wpc or less.  IMO

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #92 of 181
Quote:
Yes you can bring in your HE-6 and hook them up to our amps.   We currently have about 5 or 6 two channel amps on display.  Also some cool integrated pieces too.

Wonderful! Thank you again for extending the invitation Craig! I will definitely stop by. My name is Viktor. You will recognize me by my HE-6 and my accent.
See you there!
beerchug.gif

@Preproman

Thanks for the advice Darryl. I will definitely try the lower wattage amps. However, I also bought the HE adapter (the one one to use with stronger amps) for a really good price off another Head Fi'er, which I will bring along, so all amps are fair game!
biggrin.gif
 Still, my interest is mostly in lower wattage amps, so that is what I will be focusing on.

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #93 of 181
I feel kind of bare for only bringing some headphones. Would anyone like it if I brought in my custom PC? It has my essence STX in it, and if people want, they can bring in their sound cards and we can test them out too. I can be there all day (except for lunch time
tongue.gif
 ) if it would make the event a better one. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #94 of 181
All are welcome. Don't feel like you have to bring anything. Just a good excuse to hang out with other headfi-ers and listen to whatever shows up.

I feel kind of bare for only bringing some headphones. Would anyone like it if I brought in my custom PC? It has my essence STX in it, and if people want, they can bring in their sound cards and we can test them out too. I can be there all day (except for lunch time:p  ) if it would make the event a better one. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #98 of 181
Any chance anyone will be staying later than 5?  I'd definitely love to go, but I'd be coming in close to the end and would need to figure out if it's worth a 90 minute drive (including traffic).

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #99 of 181
Quote:
Wonderful! Thank you again for extending the invitation Craig! I will definitely stop by. My name is Viktor. You will recognize me by my HE-6 and my accent.
See you there!
beerchug.gif

@Preproman

Thanks for the advice Darryl. I will definitely try the lower wattage amps. However, I also bought the HE adapter (the one one to use with stronger amps) for a really good price off another Head Fi'er, which I will bring along, so all amps are fair game!
biggrin.gif
 Still, my interest is mostly in lower wattage amps, so that is what I will be focusing on.

No problem at all Viktor!   Hope you don't mind if I ask to take a listen :)

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #102 of 181
Quote:
I believe I will be attending but I have no gear to bring unless anyone is interested in trying my vintage receiver (Marantz 2220B). 

BRING IT!!! BRING IT!!! PLEASE!
I would sooo apprecaite it you bring it. I heard that it is awesome for HE-6. I would love to hear it! Thansk for offering.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #103 of 181
Quote:
BRING IT!!! BRING IT!!! PLEASE!
I would sooo apprecaite it you bring it. I heard that it is awesome for HE-6. I would love to hear it! Thansk for offering.

Will do then. I'm just going to be bringing the receiver though, no interconnects. I simply don't have any laying around. So if you'd like to hear it please bring a source and cables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back