V1 X-capes or V2 X-capes? What are these IEMs?
May 9, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 12
Are the V2s perfectly straight or do they have a slight curve to them as well?  I think my pair might be V1s but I'm still not sure.  Anything else obvious like L-shaped plug vs straight or anything?

May 9, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 12
Ah thanks, guess I have V1s, although my Y is smaller.  
blink.gif

May 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 12
Ok.  What the heck are these?  They don't look exactly like V1s.  The shiny metal disk at the back of the V1s seem smooth from official pictures but mine look more like RE-ZERO backs with those rings.  Bought them used off CL this weekend.  They sound like warmer Zeros with a bit bigger soundstage.  Maybe I stumbled on some rare prototype.

May 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
hmm this is strange. I am a reseller of Sunrise. These have the shiny shell of the V2 but the plug is totally different. Unlikely it is a rare protype as I was given a prototype. Is nothing like it. The shell seems a little different as well from the angle.

I have no way of improving upon this response.

May 10, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
hmm this is strange. I am a reseller of Sunrise. These have the shiny shell of the V2 but the plug is totally different. Unlikely it is a rare protype as I was given a prototype. Is nothing like it. The shell seems a little different as well from the angle.

Strange indeed.  

So far I've got:

1. Closer to V1 shell shape
  2. Glossy V2 finish
  3. V1 plug
  4. Re-zero backing
  5. Y-splitter unlike either V2 or V1

As far as I know, no other IEM on the market has a similar design to the V1s.  Can anyone think of one?  

May 10, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #11 of 12
Dear Sphinxvc,

Please tell us where did you purchase this product. We did not make any product like this, it seem to be a fake.

Best Regards,

May 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #12 of 12
As I said before I purchased them locally off an individual this past Saturday.  Couldn't get through to him again though.  Luckily I didn't pay much at all.

Anyway, I don't want to be accused of pedaling fake gear on head-fi or anything so I will just keep them.

It's a shame because whoever made them seems to have gone to lengths to match sound signature as well.  =]

I'm still not convinced entirely that they aren't just some other make.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back