V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Mar 14, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #276 of 363
Hello all, Hoping someone here can help me. My GR07 BE recently stopped working and I was considering whether I should upgrade to the VModa ZN which is around 200$ in my country. While I am not an audiophile and have very limited knowledge on headphones, I was disappointed with the GR07 BE and fell that it was far inferior to the SONY XBA 3 (which cost me around 130$) I had  previously. I listen almost exclusively to trance, deep house and progressive electronic music and prefer earphones that can reproduce bass well. I know this a long shot, but is the ZN in anyway comparable to the sound produced by the XBA 3 ? Also, is the ZN actually worth the extra $$ over the GR07 BE? I'm not bothered about the microphone issues as long as it doesn't affect my listening experience as the headphones will be mostly used at work and will be connected to my work PC. Any help in this regard would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #277 of 363
  Hello all, Hoping someone here can help me. My GR07 BE recently stopped working and I was considering whether I should upgrade to the VModa ZN which is around 200$ in my country. While I am not an audiophile and have very limited knowledge on headphones, I was disappointed with the GR07 BE and fell that it was far inferior to the SONY XBA 3 (which cost me around 130$) I had  previously. I listen almost exclusively to trance, deep house and progressive electronic music and prefer earphones that can reproduce bass well. I know this a long shot, but is the ZN in anyway comparable to the sound produced by the XBA 3 ? Also, is the ZN actually worth the extra $$ over the GR07 BE? I'm not bothered about the microphone issues as long as it doesn't affect my listening experience as the headphones will be mostly used at work and will be connected to my work PC. Any help in this regard would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

The Zn is quite a bit different than the GR07BE...significantly more bass and not quite as sparkly up top.  I haven't heard the XBA3, so I can't comment on it, but if you want something w/ a similar sound signature as the GR07BE, I recommend the Trinity Audio Atlas w/ the purple filters. You get a bunch of different tuning filters, so you can't go wrong w/ these as they fit very similarly to the GR07BEs (over the ear specifically).

If you're looking for great low end w/ a great build quality, the Zns are fantastic.  I don't use my mic either, so not sure if I'll even notice if it goes out some day.  LOL.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #278 of 363

The Zn is quite a bit different than the GR07BE...significantly more bass and not quite as sparkly up top.  I haven't heard the XBA3, so I can't comment on it, but if you want something w/ a similar sound signature as the GR07BE, I recommend the Trinity Audio Atlas w/ the purple filters. You get a bunch of different tuning filters, so you can't go wrong w/ these as they fit very similarly to the GR07BEs (over the ear specifically).

If you're looking for great low end w/ a great build quality, the Zns are fantastic.  I don't use my mic either, so not sure if I'll even notice if it goes out some day.  LOL.

Thanks for replying. I actually pulled the trigger on the ZNs before I saw your post and I think it's the right decision considering what you said. I was hoping to get something which is quite different from the GR07 BEs as I couldn't really stand the sibilance they generated. The build quality was also a massive deal maker for me as the GR07 BEs conveniently gave way exactly after a year I bought them. Hoping the ZNs are a good purchase even though I may have overpaid for them slightly!

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #279 of 363
Iphone 6s Plus -> Chord Mojo -> V-MODA ZN

great great combination 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #281 of 363
  How do the Zn fair with metal? Fleshgod Apocalypse for example...

Listening to "The Fool" right now... sounds good to me.
The mix is dense, so every track isn't pristinely separated and given its own space with these earbuds. But it sounds really clean, impactful, and full. Listening to "Cold As Perfection" now... wish there were a bit more high end / sparkle to bring out the crash, ride and pinch harmonics in a more punctuated way in this low-heavy mix (bass pedals, bass guit, guits tuned to B or whatever, deep growl vox). But again, everything sounds very musical and natural, so I'm happy with the way it sounds.

edit: caveat - I am using JVC Spiral Dot tips rather than the tips that came with the ZN which I found were noticeably congested sounding in comparison.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #282 of 363
Any ideas regarning future sonics g10 that have very similar price in the uk?

Edit: what size comply will it take?

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #283 of 363
Any ideas regarning future sonics g10 that have very similar price in the uk?

Edit: what size comply will it take?

The g10 comes with its own foamies which are quite good.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #284 of 363

I use the small comfort comply (very small ears) that is not a foam size that usually comes with the IEMs.
What is the ZN comply size?

Anyone tested both ZN and G10 in terms of sound/quality?
I get something for my bday as a present and both go for 150GBP so I could go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back