V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Dec 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #136 of 363
Just received my Zn earbud's in the mail after waiting for these to come out to replace my Remix Remote's all i can say is Wow.Only listened for a couple of hour's everything from Nin,Dave Matthew's too Tool  these thing's rock already placed another order for a back-up pair just in case you can't get these down the road ,will post  a more in depth review in a couple of day's

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #138 of 363
  I just got mine. The exterior frame is metal... Whomever said they were plastic is silly.

I'm not sure if it is plastic or metal, however, it has a nice feel and is well made. My first impression was that it is metal and I haven't thought about it until someone posted that it is plastic.
For example: the exterior of modern high-end Nikon SLR lenses feels like metal and is very well made but in fact it is made from some kind of "special NASA plastic".

I have the Zn for some time now and I love the sound. (Just to mention it, I'm not an expert at judging headphones and don't have much experience with real high end headphones, but I can say what I like for myself.)

They work great for electronic music and instruments (and voices) sound great as well, everything has a nice natural feel and sound.
I definitely prefer the Zn to the IE8 which I had before. The bass from the IE8 in comparison is just loud while the bass from the Zn is there and present as well with lots of detail but in a much more pleasing way without distracting from the rest (which was the case for me with the IE8). Furthermore the bass on the Zn goes quite some bit deeper than with the IE8. 
The IE8 has a bigger soundstage with a wider and better separated placement of instruments but in comparison the IE8 sounds kind of artificial to me while the Zn has, as a already said, a very natural sound. The Zn has a more general soundstage with everything holding a little bit more together.

I really had some nice listening experiences with the Zn, my favorites:
Instrumental stuff by Chilly Gonzales: very impressive with LOTS of impact, I think the Zn plays this with ease.
"Tales of the Inexpressible" by Shpongle: totally got lost in the music and floated away.
Hudson Mohawke's "Butter": a joy fantastic with the Zn :wink: no complaints about lacking highs here as well
Madeleine Peyroux and Nora Jones: nice and pleasing with the Zn

Today I'm traveling to Rome, lets see if the Zn will get another performance boost when listening to music with them in Italy :D

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #140 of 363
Yes, I've compared them to the 750i - the ZN wins hands down.  In short, the ZN just sounds more engaging and energetic and the bass and soundstage is much much better on the ZN.  The 750i are fantastic, but the ZN is a noticeable step up in sound quality, although at first I did think the treble presentation on the 750i was better but now that my ears have warmed up to the ZN, they seem on par with each other, the ZN does everything else better though.  You won't be disappointed with either one, let's just say that.  However, now I have been spoilt with the ZN, I cannot go back to the 750i as my dailys. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #141 of 363
  I'd be interested to see how the Zn holds up to the RHA T10 or T20. Anyone have any ideas?

Don't buy the T10.

Zn - normal drop down style, better bass, midrange
T20 - over ear style, Better treble

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #142 of 363
  Can anyone comment as to whether there is any driver flex when inserting them in your ears?  Also, is anyone able to compare these to either the Brainwavz S5 or the RHA MA750?

I'm very sensitive to driver flex for whatever reason (weird ear canal shape I guess) and the Zn does not do it at all.  I am definitely excited about that.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #143 of 363
  I just got mine. The exterior frame is metal... Whomever said they were plastic is silly.

May upload a video of me opening the box to tease those who haven't got theirs yet if there is interest.

And yeah, they sound insane. I honestly was expecting a lot less.
But my opinion is probably wrong.

I didn't post about that earlier, but mine most certainly made of plastic.  Interesting, maybe Val can chime in here? 

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #146 of 363
Regarding the cable, this is incredibly similar to the NuForce NE750M. It seems to be a smart design, I hope others start using it.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #150 of 363
Having spent a little more time with the ZN, I got to say these are some amazing little earphones, very engaging and fun sound.  Only gripe is that carry pouch, I really really don't like it. lol 
Nitpicking probably, but everything else is so fitting, I feel like they should have given a miniature m-100 exoskeleton case, that would have been perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back