V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Nov 21, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #916 of 972
Hi. I have owned the xs for almost a year and like the sound. I would like to find a similar sound in a closed over ear can for rock music (I like the bass which might be a little elevated compared to neutral but good for old classic rock. I like the full guitar sound and vocals are good. Treble is non fatiguing. )Can anyone suggest a similar over ear closed can?
Thanks
Mike

I been saying this for years! I love the XS sound, but the fit is too finicky, and thus I don't use them anymore. The cans I use most now are ATH-m70x, Amperior, and Skull Candy Aviator (I still can't believe I like these because all other SC items I've tried were horrible).

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #917 of 972
Beginning of August this year, they were being blown out all over the place. If you search Slick Deals, you will find a deal from a reputable retailer for the Amperiors + a hard case for $90. At the same time, Amperiors were being blown out all over - including the big retailer that was named after a huge forest. As of now, the prices have gone up a little bit, so they are hovering just above $110. 

Hi, the best price I could find was around $300. The on ear Momentums are @118 right now. Perhaps you meant those?

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #918 of 972
Hi, the best price I could find was around $300. The on ear Momentums are @118 right now. Perhaps you meant those?

Nope, Amperiors. I think you are looking only at new prices and not used or refurbs. In that case, yes $350 because they are discontinued. You missed the $80 blow out from August. But there are used/refurbs still under $150. Interestingly, the lowest price posted has increased from when I last replied to this thread.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #919 of 972
Nope, Amperiors. I think you are looking only at new prices and not used or refurbs. In that case, yes $350 because they are discontinued. You missed the $80 blow out from August. But there are used/refurbs still under $150. Interestingly, the lowest price posted has increased from when I last replied to this thread.

Ok gotcha. Sorry for doubting you 
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #920 of 972

​

A 3D PRINTED CUSTOM BLACK FRIDAY

“V-MODA is the Leonardo Da Vinci of Headphones” -Futuremusic

Why stick to Black when you can Laser Engrave or 3D Customize
your favorite Headphones?

ORDER NOW Crossfade M-100 or XS
and ENJOY an unprecedented offer!
 ​

<td class="mcnTextContent" style="padding: 9px 18px;color: #EA7F1F;font-family: Arial," helvetica="" neue&quot:="" ;,helvetica,sans-serif:="" ;border-collapse:="" collapse;mso-table-lspace:="" 0pt;mso-table-rspace:="" 0pt;font-size:="" 12px;line-height:="" 150%;text-align:="" left;"="" valign="top">
 ​

​

ABOUT V-MODA

Designed in Milano, V-MODA’s verve is to amplify an authentic music lifestyle via timeless products forged by unparalleled quality, fashion-forward design and an unequivocal passion for music and materials. Led by Chief Visionary Officer and professional musician Val Kolton, V-MODA blends analog renaissance age inspiration, Italian design and the charisma of classic Hollywood. V-MODA Crossfade products have won 24+ editors’ choice awards and have become essential gear for the world’s top professional DJs. The global brand is also the
#1 ranked headphone brand on Amazon based on customers’ feedback.

​

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #921 of 972
Cyber Monday OVERTIME

​

LAST CALL EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL
3D CUSTOM AWARD-WINNING HEADPHONES

FREE US SHIPPING & PERSONALIZATION on all orders

Deviate from carbon-copy plastic headphones via V-MODA
Free 3D Printed or Laser-Engraved Headphones

ORDER NOW Crossfade M-100 or XS
and ENJOY an unprecedented offer before it is too late

Use VIP Code at CheckOut: -32768
Valid for Head-Fiers Only!
 ​

---

Copyright © 2020 V-MODA, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at V-MODA.com

Our mailing address is: V-MODA 6464 sunset suite 570
Hollywood, CA 90028

Add us to your address book

&c=277547e36b]unsubscribe from this list    ]update subscription preferences 
 ​

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #922 of 972
Guys I can't decide between vmoda xs or beats solo2 or even studio 2. I bought a pair of m100 couple weeks before but it is not comfortable for me, maybe my head is too big. After reading some reviews, I heard xs to some people are more comfortable than m100. I am also considering beats because the review are nice and they look good but I worry a lot about the build quality. I listen to old Kid Cudi's album a lot like man on the moon and man on the moon2. So which headphones would u guys suggest?

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #923 of 972
Demo them yourself! Listening is very subjective.

Personally, I find the XS to sound great, but they don't fit me right due to being both on-ear and unable to swivel about the vertical axis. I find the M100 to be very comfortable, but I prefer cans with less bass and less treble but more midrange. I find the Solo 2 to sound good, but prefer the similar looking Sennheiser Amperiors. The Studio 2 are way overpriced for me and I already have a set of cans in that teir for monitoring that I wouldn't ever dream of using for portable use, unless that dream is a nightmare where I'm getting mugged.

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #924 of 972
How moddable are these things? Just bought a pair of these for my friend's birthday as his first "real" pair of headphones. Just because I'm curious, are there any mods on these that anyone has done/attempted for better sound?

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #925 of 972
Plug them into a music playing device.
Put them on your friend's head.
Watch your friend smile.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #926 of 972
  How moddable are these things? Just bought a pair of these for my friend's birthday as his first "real" pair of headphones. Just because I'm curious, are there any mods on these that anyone has done/attempted for better sound?

I only changed the cable to UP-OCC Pure Silver cable.

After testing some players I find it to have a good match with Fiio X5 2nd Gen on High Gain, Volume at around 65.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #928 of 972
The XS's earpads are surprisingly resilient and don't require much maintenence. I've sweated buckets while wearing both the M-100 and XS and have never noticed any funky smells from them. A Lysol/alcohol wipe will be plenty. And if they ever get damaged just order a new pair.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #929 of 972
I never wipe them. I just change when the earpads are spoiled.
Never noticed any funny smell

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #930 of 972
OK, so I have two options for DACs with this. I'm setting up my friend with his first good headphone system on the cheap. He also just built a tower computer. So, I have the XS headphones already. Would a FiiO E07K Andes DAC/Amp work better or a FiiO K1 Portable DAC + Headphone Amplifier? The first is $56 on Amazon, the second is $40. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back