V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Mar 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #91 of 972
of course. Logic points that over ear is better as the seal over ear is.. more.

oh well sorry i should rephrase that 

are over ears always "better sounding" > on ears?

what does that mean when you or the other person made that statement?

does it actually hold any water? if thats the case i should just drop my money for the m100s instead. but i'm not keen on using the bass reducer on it if it gets too bassy

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #92 of 972
what did you mean the vtf100? why was that unique? 

The VTF-100 was technically pre-production, though the general consensus is that it wasn't sonically different from the M-100. You also got a hand-written note from Val 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #95 of 972
I'm hoping V-Moda cooks up some memory foam pads for this, a la the M-100's XL pads. I think they'd make the XS super comfy :beyersmile:

I think they already are, arent all vmoda earpads memory foam. Or did u mean u hope comply makes earpads for the xs. Which could be possible they started making earpads for other headphones

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #96 of 972
  are over ears always "better sounding" > on ears?

No. While it's possible the design of over-ears (circumaural) headphones allows for greater potential sound quality (given the utilization of the outer ear in shaping soundwaves and the room for a larger driver), that sort of comparison is only useful in the realm of the theoretical. In actual reality, it depends upon the specific headphones at play and how well they work with their design; there are well-implemented on-ears (supra-aural) headphones that sound better than poorly implemented circumaural headphones, and vice-versa...not to mention all kinds of subjective sound and fit preferences to take into account. Drawing a line between the two styles and saying "circumaural is always better than supra-aural" just doesn't make sense.

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #97 of 972
No. While it's possible the design of over-ears (circumaural) headphones allows for greater potential sound quality (given the utilization of the outer ear in shaping soundwaves and the room for a larger driver), that sort of comparison is only useful in the realm of the theoretical. In actual reality, it depends upon the specific headphones at play and how well they work with their design; there are well-implemented on-ears (supra-aural) headphones that sound better than poorly implemented circumaural headphones, and vice-versa...not to mention all kinds of subjective sound and fit preferences to take into account. Drawing a line between the two styles and saying "circumaural is always better than supra-aural" just doesn't make sense.

Lol i was asking that as a sort of "fun" question because ir seems like thats the misconception i hear often. What i meant is that if all things are similar, would just the sheer size advantage of being over ear be that deciding factor for sound quality?

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #99 of 972

Lol i was asking that as a sort of "fun" question because ir seems like thats the misconception i hear often. What i meant is that if all things are similar, would just the sheer size advantage of being over ear be that deciding factor for sound quality?

On ear is for portability. It'd be possible to make XL pads, they probably will since a smaller force (on ear) on a force makes pressure on the ear, making the on ear uncomfortable.
We'll just have to see when it comes.

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #100 of 972

V-MODA XS RELEASING ON MARCH 25.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #103 of 972
  are you sure? lol what happened to april? anything else vmoda is under wraps? 

i'm not complaining but i hate getting my hopes up, only to hear a vmoda rep or val say "soon"

If V-moda announce the XS on the 25 of this month, i think they will allow us to order (or pre-order) only, and the headphone itself will arrive on April :D

Shiettt i just bought the IM02 and now i'm out of money now... 

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #104 of 972

V-MODA XS RELEASING ON MARCH 25.

are you sure? lol what happened to april? anything else vmoda is under wraps? 

i'm not complaining but i hate getting my hopes up, only to hear a vmoda rep or val say "soon"

Well, the XS haven't been announced so on the 25th they'll be announced.
Val and his girlfriend are wearing them, so I'm sure they have them in production and in the warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back