V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Feb 26, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #76 of 972
more blurred "m-80s", really xs. If they're using the XS, and the price for M80 is way down, suggests M80 is no longer in production and they want it gone.
XS will be a better m-80 in all areas, according to amazon page.

I really hope they aren't going to make me wish I'd waited a little instead of snagging the M100's...

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #77 of 972
more blurred "m-80s", really xs. If they're using the XS, and the price for M80 is way down, suggests M80 is no longer in production and they want it gone.

XS will be a better m-80 in all areas, according to amazon page.

I really hope they aren't going to make me wish I'd waited a little instead of snagging the M100's...

M100s - Over ear
XS - On ear.
Over ear beats on ear in sound and isolation. Better isolation, less leaking, better sound.
I might sell my LP2s to get the XS.

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #78 of 972
M100s - Over ear
XS - On ear.
Over ear beats on ear in sound and isolation. Better isolation, less leaking, better sound.

I'm aware of that, I just kinda prefer on-ear for portability and was wondering if the XS had any alterations BESIDES being an M80 with cliqfold. Like if there were some modifications to the drivers themselves. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #79 of 972
just figured i'd post my email with vmoda, they gave me a small nugget of info, just to confirm that it is indeed coming out soon (not as good as the other update about it coming out in april but suffice)

We suggest the USPS option. It's usually cheaper for import duties/taxes. The white m-80 are all brand new, and never used. They are just without boxes, and do not include the v-straps for holding the cords. The 60 test drive means you can return any purchase within 60 days for a refund. You will need to cover the return shipping cost. Verified like new products come with a full warranty. We don't have any information on XS available just yet. However, they will be out very soon. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com

hi there i was wondering for this product
http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-80-white-pearl-verified-like-new/
and shipping to canada.
Which would you recommend usps first class (1-4 weeks) without tracking or
the ups canada to toronto canada

theses seem to only differ by $2 but the ups canada option does not state
how long it would take to ship to my location

i live in toronto, ontario canada. about how long would it take to ship to
my location (ballpark? 2 weeks 3 weeks)

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #80 of 972
Well in January i asked Val and he replied me that they will available in just a few more week :D. This is just a classic play from V-Moda, all of their products were out as the same as this: first there were a little bit of picture, then a little bit of information, then always "it will be out really soon". But really, that "soon" is a little annoying -_-

My friend works in the retail store and V-Moda informed him that in April the M-80 will be discontinued, replace them will be the XS. But that's the only info. How does it sounds compare to the M-80 or even the M-100 is still unknown.  

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #81 of 972
Well in January i asked Val and he replied me that they will available in just a few more week :D. This is just a classic play from V-Moda, all of their products were out as the same as this: first there were a little bit of picture, then a little bit of information, then always "it will be out really soon". But really, that "soon" is a little annoying -_-

My friend works in the retail store and V-Moda informed him that in April the M-80 will be discontinued, replace them will be the XS. But that's the only info. How does it sounds compare to the M-80 or even the M-100 is still unknown.  

If thats the case they might even be out earlier, this is just past experience but it seems the home website/company sells it first before hitting retail stores. I wonder if vmoda does pre orders? :)

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #82 of 972
M100s - Over ear

XS - On ear.

I'm aware of that, I just kinda prefer on-ear for portability and was wondering if the XS had any alterations BESIDES being an M80 with cliqfold. Like if there were some modifications to the drivers themselves. 

Someone in this thread managed to dig up the amazon page for the XS.
It says better comfort, etc etc.
Knowing V-MODA they'll give the XS a better sound.
That's why the spent millions on the Vamp Verza just to prove a point - that better sound is achievable and doesn't cost thousands.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #83 of 972

It's safe to expect sonic improvements over the M-80.  I'm sure the update was to bring the on-ear model in line with the M-100, in terms of features and overall detail/clarity.

If thats the case they might even be out earlier, this is just past experience but it seems the home website/company sells it first before hitting retail stores. I wonder if vmoda does pre orders? 
smily_headphones1.gif

V-Moda does do pre-orders, and they're always fantastic! I pre-ordered the M-100 from them. Although it was $10 more than retail price, they included a set of custom plates, as well as a pair of their Faders earplugs. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 (Custom shields are normal $25 and Faders sell for $20)

EDIT: And if you count the VTF-100 as a pre-order, that one netted you a unique version of the headphone 
beyersmile.png

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #84 of 972
  It's safe to expect sonic improvements over the M-80.  I'm sure the update was to bring the on-ear model in line with the M-100, in terms of features and overall detail/clarity.

V-Moda does do pre-orders, and they're always fantastic! I pre-ordered the M-100 from them. Although it was $10 more than retail price, they included a set of custom plates, as well as a pair of their Faders earplugs. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 (Custom shields are normal $25 and Faders sell for $20)

EDIT: And if you count the VTF-100 as a pre-order, that one netted you a unique version of the headphone 
beyersmile.png

i hope so as well, but at the same time there is only so much you can do (in terms of on ear) there are physical limits but regardless i don't want get my hopes up.

i would definitely do the pre-orders for sure. the only problem is finding/making a custom logo for when the opportunity arises. haha i was just thinking of doing a vmoda logo (to show off vmoda headphones more) but that might be unoriginal haha. 

what did you mean the vtf100? why was that unique? 

just to give others a heads up here the m80s (like new) in the private sale which i confirmed with the vmoda staff is actually new but just no box (not demo units or anything) just dropped again in price down from 150 -120. (i would say indicating that the xs are really getting close to production date)

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #88 of 972
For me it's actually the pearl white that put me off ordering straight away.

Each to his own I guess! :)

I guess so i was gonna pair them with gold shields, i asked val if he considered of the champagne gold as a shield colour, he said he'll consider it. If that does happen omg best looking headphones imoo of course

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #90 of 972
M100s - Over ear
XS - On ear.

Sorry this is an old post but is this a general consensus
Over ears> on ears in terms of fidelity and isolation??

of course. Logic points that over ear is better as the seal over ear is.. more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back