V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Feb 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #61 of 972
hey guys would the 8888 be 88 days?

like counting down in 88 days it will release its feb 5 today in 89 days its gonna be may 5

the ad was out a few days so does that mean its gonna be out by around may? dunno if thats pre-order or just normal order but anyway.

if thats pre-order it might back up even more, so many people are going to order!

knowing how long shipping takes it'll probably get it in june.

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #62 of 972
  hey guys would the 8888 be 88 days?

like counting down in 88 days it will release its feb 5 today in 89 days its gonna be may 5

the ad was out a few days so does that mean its gonna be out by around may? dunno if thats pre-order or just normal order but anyway.

if thats pre-order it might back up even more, so many people are going to order!

knowing how long shipping takes it'll probably get it in june.

I wouldn't read into the price to much. In the M-100 thread Val posted nearly two weeks ago that he would have a full update on the XS (I'm assuming) in 24 hours, the next day he posted a big long update about how he needed some more time. 

I am assuming that the only reason the XS placeholder made it on the site was because they thought they were ready to launch it and then Val decided it needed a little more before it was ready for the public. 

Feb 6, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #63 of 972
  I wouldn't read into the price to much. In the M-100 thread Val posted nearly two weeks ago that he would have a full update on the XS (I'm assuming) in 24 hours, the next day he posted a big long update about how he needed some more time. 

I am assuming that the only reason the XS placeholder made it on the site was because they thought they were ready to launch it and then Val decided it needed a little more before it was ready for the public. 

aww i was following the m100 thread for a while but got tired to reading all that haha thanks for the update! guess we'll just have to wait haha its better anyway (been a compulsive buyer the last few months) got like 4 iems in the last 8-9 months.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #66 of 972

My patiences is really put to the test, i saw te white onkyos in canada for$ 139(normally 159$)
And i saw this gem (literally) at canada computers (last one in stock in toronto) this was actually the headphone that lead me to head fi (reading about it),wanted these for almost 2 years but was far too expensive (msrp 350$) normally $320

In case ppl cant see its 199$ practically 120-150 off. My reaso for not getting them in the end was because its Really hard to accessorize with the rest of the stuff in my closet ( i dont have the money to buy the trendiest clothes) and these headphones seem to rely on that (high fashion).

The vmoda xs seems to be easier to accessorize, and its a bit more subtle (plus the warranty and customer service, if they keep that up)

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #67 of 972
My patiences is really put to the test, i saw te white onkyos in canada for$ 139(normally 159$)
And i saw this gem (literally) at canada computers (last one in stock in toronto) this was actually the headphone that lead me to head fi (reading about it),wanted these for almost 2 years but was far too expensive (msrp 350$) normally $320

In case ppl cant see its 199$ practically 120-150 off. My reaso for not getting them in the end was because its Really hard to accessorize with the rest of the stuff in my closet ( i dont have the money to buy the trendiest clothes) and these headphones seem to rely on that (high fashion).

The vmoda xs seems to be easier to accessorize, and its a bit more subtle (plus the warranty and customer service, if they keep that up)

Sorry but I really don't see that as a good reason not to buy. People go out with some huge headphones. They're for listening, not showing off.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #68 of 972
Sorry but I really don't see that as a good reason not to buy. People go out with some huge headphones. They're for listening, not showing off.

I agree but maybe thats just me, haha i owned the monoprice 8232 and those are huge, i would never be one of those that walk out looking like a teletubby( no offence to anyone here). Not that the diamod tears are big by anymeans, on ears and dont stick out too much all.

I was questioning the hinges, the m100s hinge looks more durable, and from many accounts seems okay.

Haha ur tempting me to stop by canada computers ony way home from work to "window shop" (and probably buy, if i stay long enough) haha

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #69 of 972

The way I think of it is like this: if you found the comfiest pair of shoes in the world but they were the size of watermelons and covered in glitter, would you wear them? I wouldn't. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #70 of 972
The way I think of it is like this: if you found the comfiest pair of shoes in the world but they were the size of watermelons and covered in glitter, would you wear them? I wouldn't. 

I agree lol but at the same time there another extreme. Using the shoe example, girls wear heel, those things are hella uncomfortable ( dont ask how i know) but even the short ones are not comfortable imagine the higher ones. Yet soo many wear them despite the their discomfort.

Anyways i saw the diamond tears today at work, was staring at it like a dummy. For a long long time, but i managed to walk away! Proud of myself :) gotta learn to stop this headphone obsession (its only been 1.5 months since my jvc fxd 80(45$ on sale)

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #71 of 972
For me i like a headphones that look good and sound good. And small for portability of course. I always wear them on the bus so i need them to be small, or people will see me with an different eyes lol. 

The reason i really can't wait for the XS is because although i like the M-100, they're still a little too big for me. And i prefer the M-80 sound more than the M-100. But the M-80 can't fold like the M-100. It seems to be a tiny thing but for a guy like me, who travel a lot, i need something that as small as possible. So yeah, i hope it will be released soon :D

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #72 of 972
  For me i like a headphones that look good and sound good. And small for portability of course. I always wear them on the bus so i need them to be small, or people will see me with an different eyes lol. 

The reason i really can't wait for the XS is because although i like the M-100, they're still a little too big for me. And i prefer the M-80 sound more than the M-100. But the M-80 can't fold like the M-100. It seems to be a tiny thing but for a guy like me, who travel a lot, i need something that as small as possible. So yeah, i hope it will be released soon :D

I have to admit, if I wasn't such a bass whore I'd probably have bought the M80s for the same reason, LOL. The M100s are incredible but they are on the absolute LIMIT of how big I'm willing to use. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #74 of 972
XS will be officially launched in April, according to a friend of mine. XS will replaced the M-80 and the V-80 totally. 

Now we just have to wait....

Oh my goodness thank you so much, i was growing tired of waiting without knowing when, almost pulled the trigger a few times (philips downtown for 40$ Normally 100, monster diamond tears, 200 normally 350, and saw the white onkyo fc300 last night ( so close to pulling the trigger , added to cart for 90 in canadian when normally 160 here)

So glad i waited. Now until april, thanks again

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #75 of 972
more blurred "m-80s", really xs. If they're using the XS, and the price for M80 is way down, suggests M80 is no longer in production and they want it gone.
XS will be a better m-80 in all areas, according to amazon page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back